Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Leaky car boot…
  • Mounty_73

Got a leak in my car boot, struggling to find where its leaking…

The water appears to be coming in from the top left corner of the boot, running down the edge of the boot and some how getting inside of the boot between the outside & inside panel…

The boot seal has been removed and water sealant has been put over the lapping of the panels….

Its a 52 vectra, hatchback…..any ideas please ??

bagpuss72
    Free Member

Mine had that on my Freelander it was a problem with the pump from the back window washer my boot smelt of damp dog all the time was horrid even after steam cleaning

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Close the lid?

Mounty_73

Close the lid?

Yeah I did think of that one…..and also not driving when its raining ! 😉

rangerbill

rear window seal or is it bonded on.

Time to get the hose pipe out

5lab

1) get someone to sit in the boot with a torch
    2) shut the boot
    3) hosepipe

dooosuk
    Free Member

Leaking around the light cluster?

Mounty_73

I have spent the last hour pouring water over the boot etc…I then wait a few seconds and the water appears where the blue & red markers appear on the picture.

I can see where the water runs down and ends, but I cant find where its starting from….but it would appear its from the top left corner of the boot…

Could it be around this area….there is a rubber strip/seal which runs down the outside of the glass boot and the top left corner is looking a bit worn….

WTF
    Free Member

Do you park on a hill nose down ?
    I had a Vectra and noticed that when I washed the car on my drive with nose downhill it filled with water at that exact spot.
    Didn`t leak into boot though but if it was right circumstances then that is where it would.

HTH

dooosuk
    Free Member

Pour the water over a smaller area….if you can see where it runs down…can’t you just trace it back up to find the starting point?

Legoman
    Free Member

We’ve had 2 Vectras (a 98 and currently an ’02) both suffered the same problem

I haven’t got around to looking at the current one, but I had some success with the old one. Couldn’t find the leak, but suspect it was the rear side window, so I just used clear bathroom sealant around the windows, boot seals – anywhere water could be getting in. It’s a total bodge, but if done carefully you can’t really see it.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Leaky car boot…’ is closed to new replies.