Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Leaking Revs?
  • Scamper
    Free Member

Beginning of the summer serviced my 2010 Revs and replaced everything using Lo Co’s service kit, which i think included crush washers. Last week, took off the lowers, cleaned and refreshed the lube oil – only need 5ml apparently on top of lube on the foam rings. I’ve since noticed a very small leak around the rebound adjuster – not enough to drip, more a smear of oil. Is this normal or have I overtightened the crush washer (can’t remember if there is one that side) or is oil leaking out through the red rebound adjuster?

tomcanbefound
    Free Member

Would also like to know. Have the exact same symptoms from my fleabay Reba’s. Would be good to know if its a small enough job to warrant doing (aint gonna full service them only cost me 100 quid to start with)

Scamper
    Free Member

Bump for the night owls.

wrecker
    Free Member

Wasn’t this a common problem?
    http://www.basquemtb.com/repair-leaking-pike-motion-control/
    I think TF tuned and loco tuning do an upgraded washer but won’t sell it to you unless you have a big service done.

LoCo
    Free Member

It’s a leak from the rebound adjuster so the bottom of the leg, Wrecker and we do supply the seals to fix the moco leak at the top of the leg.

The leak on these forks will be either an over distorted crush washer after being refitted a second time, or the seal inside the rebound damper which may or may not be replaceable depending on the model of Revelation and the spec. of the damper unit.

whereisthurso
    Free Member

I have a similar problem with my 09 u-turn revs where there seems to be a little more oil than i would expect coming up the stachions from the seals. The fork also seems to have about 3-4mm of play in it when it’s adjusted to anything other than full travel. I don’t know if this can be fixed or is even something I should be worrying about though?

takisawa2

The play is in the plastic helix that controls the U-turn travel adjuster. It won’t hurt, its just annoying.
    Probably could be reduced by shimming it out some how, I just left the forks wound out. It should dissapear if fully wound in also.

LoCo
    Free Member

PTFE tape around the helix with take up movement in adjuster assm.

whereisthurso
    Free Member

Thanks for the advice. Might have a look into the shim idea but like you say it’s only noticeable in between longest and shortest travel settings.

I take it that if I sent the forks for a service that wouldn’t be something they’d fix then?

wrecker
    Free Member

Apologies loco. Nobody would sell me one when I needed it. I’ll try dig out the emails tomorrow.

LoCo
    Free Member

You can’t have one now! 😉

wrecker
    Free Member

Lol!
    I sold the forks at a massive loss in the end! Was really sold a pup with those!

Scamper
    Free Member

Ah, ok. I think the lube oil is 15wt while damper is 5wt, and this looks thicker. I also replaced all the damper seals during the main service. Having said that, on putting the damper unit back in I managed to split the bottom seal and had to fish the old one out of the bin!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Leaking Revs?’ is closed to new replies.