Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Leaking Revelations from compression/floodgate
  • baldman
    Free Member

Will be calling the shop tomorrow but has anyone had this, know if it’s a big issue? Rockshox Revelation Team u-turn, just been serviced (5 hours riding since service). Noticed a little bit of oil under the compression adjuster after the first ride, then a lot more now after second ride.

Taken off the floodgate adjuster and compression adjuster and it’s leaking from the brass rod they attach to, which feels a bit loose.

I anyone know if the leak is just a bit too much oil has been put in the leg or should this be fully sealed? Also should that be loose?

Thanks.

Superficial
    Free Member

Even if the compression side is too full, oil shouldn’t come out the top (The symptom of too much oil is being unable to get all the travel, even with all the air /spring removed).

However it was very common for Rock Shox MoCo units to leak from the top – there’s an O-ring that fails. I thought they had solved this problem with newer versions though – how old are your forks?

With it happening immediately after a service, I’d want to make sure everything had been put back / torqued down appropriately before assuming it’s a component failure. Did the service involve the damping?

baldman
    Free Member

It was a full service (TFT) so they will have taken that apart. 2010 forks with the blackbox damping.
    They forks feel great and I’m getting full travel so not overfilled from what you’ve said.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    LoCo
    Free Member

Seal in top of Moco can leak, different unit/seal (RLT TI) right? To the standard moco’s but it is replacable.
    Component issues do occasionally happen and TF will sort it I’m sure.

baldman
    Free Member

Sounds like that’s the issue, it’s team u-turn with the blackbox damping which I think is the same/similar to the RLT ti.
    Guess I’ll be sending them back!

haggis1978

I had this as well. Turned out to be a small o-ring at the top of the damper. Easy as pie to fix.

baldman
    Free Member

Haggis are you able to expand on that?

When I took off the adjusters there was a small oring on the spindle/rod the adjusters fit on. Mine seemed to be leaking from the metal area under that.

LoCo
    Free Member

The RLT Ti damper is different though Haggis, it’s more like a rubber washer and a funny size too.

takisawa2

Very common that leak.
    Had it on a few RS forks.

LoCo
    Free Member

Yes the dirt does get in and wear the seals, we change them as part of a full service, they don’t come in the Rockshox service kits though.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Leaking Revelations from compression/floodgate’ is closed to new replies.