Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Leaking Lyrik coil u-turn
  • Burts
    Free Member

It looks like my Lyrik u-turn is leaking from the bolt hole at the bottom of the stanchion on the disc-mount leg (not the leg with rebound control).

Its a 2008 model, been serviced regularly no problems until now, but its had a good life with lots of bike park use. before I take it to the shop for assessment, just wondering if the prognosis is likely to be a cheap repair or something more costly. Trying to weigh up whether its worth putting the repair money into something new…

jam-bo

Thats the coil side, Not much in there to leak. Shouldn’t be too serious.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Probably one of them crush washers has worn out. Sounds like I know what Im on about, dont know whether I do. Worth a look anyway.

Northwind

Not being funny but the very first thing I’d do is just check the bottom bolt for tightness. By which I mean, see if it’s tight, not swing on an allen key til it snaps.

But Davidtaylforth’s most likely correct, ironically the more often you service the lowers the more likely it is. In theory the crush washers should be replaced each time, but I doubt many people do that…

Burts
    Free Member

Bottom bolt was tight but still leaking. Very slow leak, takes a day or more to accumulate oil around the bottom of the leg.

Anyway, I’ll get it serviced and see what happens. Thanks for the reassurance!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Leaking Lyrik coil u-turn’ is closed to new replies.