Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • leaking fox seals – temporary quick fix?
  • teenrat

I’m riding the doethie and Mynydd mallaen on saturday, but last night noticed that i have oily dirty rings on the right stantion of my fox vanillas. I dont have time to order new seals and service before saturday, so is there anything i can do as a temporary fix/clean etc so i can use them this weekend. Or i am i better not using them until they have been serviced? My alternative is swapping them with an old set of suntours, but i dont really want to use these!

d45yth
    Free Member

If they’re still working fine, can you not just use them as they are?

drummer
    Free Member

Sure they will hold on for another weekend or two ? Wipe it off and crack on ?

teenrat

They seem to be working fine, but if oil is getting out, then dirt could get in!

allthepies
    Free Member

When mine start leaking it’s often several weeks/months before I actually get round to fitting new seals. Don’t worry pet 🙂

chives
    Free Member

So long as they don’t suddenly appear to stop leaking, I’d think you were fine..

thepurist

IMO a bit of dusty oil on the stanchions isn’t a big worry. Noticing oil dripping down the right lowers as you’re just at the top of the Calf on the Bowderdale loop was more of a worry for me, but it turns out that open bath Fox’s can do a fair bit before they run dry.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘leaking fox seals – temporary quick fix?’ is closed to new replies.