Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)
  • Leadville 100, really a mountain bike race?
  • clubber
    Free Member

And they don’t wear any protection, unlike the girly mtb’ers ..

No glove, no love!

Bazz

Holy thread resurrection!! I remember starting this thread and it was a genuine question not a troll or dig at roadies, i knew little about it and the only footage i had seen of it looked all like fire roads.

And going up mountains does not make a mountain bike race, every year all three grand tours go up multiple mountains but they’re still road races. What is it with this forum and being argumentative?

TooTall
    Free Member

every year all three grand tours go up multiple mountains but they’re still road races

Tarmac?

It is more pointing out that the race is off road and in big mountains rather than just an arguement. I guess the blokes setting good times pick the best bike for the job.

mt
    Free Member

http://assets.ngin.com/attachments/document/0020/2169/EVCO1166_Leadville_Race_Guide_BIKE_8.pdf

if you want to learn a bit about it have a look at the above. loads of history about the various races. There is also a map and a profile.

njee20
    Free Member

IIRC when Lance first did it a few years ago he and Wiens were the first riders to ride up the ‘Powerlines’ climb, which had always been run in the past. IMO if the terrain is sufficiently ‘extreme’ that riders have always resorted to running up hill it’s acceptable to call it a mountain bike race.

walleater

Who cares how hard the climbs are! CX racers run uphill and mince downhill.

freeridenick
    Free Member

most roadies I know cream me on the climbs but cant’t descend for love nor money off road, and would struggle to bunny hop a twig

But put them at 50mph on a fast road descent then its a different ball game.

never really understood that.

crikey
    Free Member

most roadies I know cream me on the climbs but cant’t descend for love nor money off road, and would struggle to bunny hop a twig

Let me help:

Roadies: ride on roads and would therefore usually be good at it.

I’m equally poor anywhere these days… 🙁

LS
    Free Member

You must know a different bunch to me then – 90% of the ‘roadies’ (I prefer to call them ‘cyclists’, you know, just like you) I know also own and ride mountain bikes and are equally as accomplished on them as they are on the road.

njee20
    Free Member

There’s plenty of ‘roadies’ out there would would kick your arse off road too, you just ride with rubbish ones 😉

Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)

The topic ‘Leadville 100, really a mountain bike race?’ is closed to new replies.