Viewing 21 posts - 41 through 61 (of 61 total)
  • le Tour already ruined
  • mrmo
    Free Member

NASCAR drugs

If you look you’ll find other cases, then there is the issue of cheating in the design of cars…

timc
    Free Member

this is a weird thread

cookeaa

So you all condone drug cheats then?

I’d like to name a race without convicted cheats but instead of life time bans they all got let back in. Armstrong gets lambasted but everyone else is allowed to continue?

Millar is a disgrace now he proudly displays his ” I was a drug cheat but now I’m clean halo”

I see your point*, it is quite unfair, I reckon the best, fairest solution would be to let Lance come back in 2014…

I mean Lance was a Cheat and a bully and all, but didn’t he cure cancer or the bad AIDS or something, and I think I read that he donated his last working Gonad to Sheryl Crow or someone too…

Plus I don’t even remember Millar even going on a chat show, let alone almost sort of appologising to Oprah like what Armstrong done, So Lance has to be much closer to that Halo than any of the others…

In fact the Good -> Evil scale should now go:

-Subo
    -Baby Jesus
    -Lance Armstrong
    -Satan
    -David Millar
    -Piers Morgan

*(I may not be taking the topic quite as seriously as Rocketdog though).

corroded
    Free Member

I’m surprised Millar has got a ride, he’s been awful all season!

Perk of being a part-owner perhaps (if he still is).

mattjg
    Free Member

I really enjoyed the Millar breakaway then cat-and-mouse through the streets last year.

jonathan
    Free Member

The problem is it’s so bloody complicated. And the beauty of it is that it’s so bloody complicated.

Hate the convicted but repentant doper?
    Hate the un-reconstructed doper?
    Hate the DS who admitted doping?
    Hate the DS who has never admitted doping but might have?
    Hate the DS who everyone knows doped but keeps schtum?
    Hate the team owner who bullied riders into doping?
    Hate the team owner who tacitly allowed doping amongst his riders?
    Hate the sponsor who funded the doping, took the glory, then bailed?
    Hate the new successful “clean” team because they win?
    Hate the guy who just sits on a four-man break and then wins?

Or just stop hating and start trying to understand how complex it can be?

spawnofyorkshire

that one…

lazy bar stewards

mikewsmith
    Free Member

The problem is it’s so bloody complicated. And the beauty of it is that it’s so bloody complicated.

Hate the convicted but repentant doper?
    Hate the un-reconstructed doper?
    Hate the DS who admitted doping?
    Hate the DS who has never admitted doping but might have?
    Hate the DS who everyone knows doped but keeps schtum?
    Hate the team owner who bullied riders into doping?
    Hate the team owner who tacitly allowed doping amongst his riders?
    Hate the sponsor who funded the doping, took the glory, then bailed?
    Hate the new successful “clean” team because they win?

Or just stop hating and start trying to understand how complex it can be?
    FIFY, too hard for the I have an opinion crowd to get

bikebouy
    Free Member

Good effort at a Troll RD..
    Bored at work?? 😆

Lifer
    Free Member

🙄

Don’t watch it then!

Worst part of TdF? The Tour de Trolls that comes beforehand!

Hinault’s thoughts on the subject

“You can ask the question, why bring this out now? Why always go looking at cycling? Why don’t the samples from the 1990s [from other sports] exist any more? Why don’t they make that come out? Enough of their bullshit! It’s always cycling that gets it. Maybe we’re no whiter than others, but we’re no blacker either. I don’t think so.”

Hinault, who besides those five Tour de France victories also won the Giro d’Italia three times, the Vuelta twice, and was road world champion in 1980, called on national sports governing bodies and the International Olympic Committee to “do their job” and put “everyone on an equal footing.”

He concluded: “Let them put the same constraints on all sports as they do on cyclists and they can open their mouths, but for now they have no interest in doing so.”

I think he makes some good points, by actually tackling the problem cycling has made itself look like ‘the dirty sport’ but it’s clear from Fuentes that this isn’t the case.

And FWIW I enjoy listening to Millar in interviews etc, he knows his stuff and has done a lot of work in anti-doping, which as other ex-dopers have shown he really didn’t have to.

cookeaa

NASCAR drugs

Yeah but NASCAR needs Drugs, Psychotropics for the spectators / viewers, just to make it seem interesting, and clearly amphetamines to help keep the drivers awake…

bigjim

can’t wait to watch it myself.

Northwind

Come on now, I thought we all understood that now that Lance Armstrong’s been busted, we no longer need to give doping in cycling a second thought, after all, it was all his fault.

mboy
    Free Member

This thread makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside! Whilst the haterz are hatin’, I shall mostly be watching a couple of hundred ridiculously talented and fit riders tackling the 21 stages of the most famous Cycling race in the world, and enjoying it to the max!

There will be thrills, spills, and almost inevitably a drug cheat or two will get caught, but that’s all part of it these days. Plenty of other sports could learn a lot from cycling with regards to actually trying to tackle the problem of drug use, but its too convenient to turn a blind eye and let cycling appear to be the dirty sport.

spawnofyorkshire

@rocketdog

did you watch the 100m mens final at the olympics and enjoy it?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

I must also admit that I drank at least 12 cups of tea before I got one of my Strava KOM’s…..

Rusty-Shackleford
    Free Member

I must also admit that I drank at least 12 cups of tea before I got one of my Strava KOM’s…..

That’ll do it…I always peddle like the clappers when I’m bursting for a piss.

Junkyard
    Free Member

when did rocket dog just troll about the TdF and wheel size?

What is up with you fella you never used to just do this

stanfree
    Free Member

What a shite attempt at a troll. The tour greats such as Coppi , Mercxx , Induran , Pantani and of course Armstrong were all doping in one way or another so should just ignore the last 99 TdF’s.

Probably in recent times only Evans and Wiggins wins are totally without raising an eyebrow at. I think even the clean times are chemically enhancing but just not with Illegal PED’s.

Forget all that lighten up and just enjoy the racing

rOcKeTdOg

did you watch the 100m mens final at the olympics and enjoy it?

I didn’t watch, I watched the Olympic road race, that was won by that nice clean cut Vinokourov chap, oh….

Coppi , Mercxx , Induran , Pantani and of course Armstrong were all doping in one way or another so should just ignore the last 99 TdF’s

Well if they admit it or you can prove it why not, seemed ok to erase Armstrong’s wins from the past

Rusty-Shackleford
    Free Member

I thought you’d flounced off and left us to it?

You LOVE it…you sneaky thread lurker!

Viewing 21 posts - 41 through 61 (of 61 total)

The topic ‘le Tour already ruined’ is closed to new replies.