• This topic has 2 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by IA.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Le Semnoz Mtb trails near Lake Annecy, anyone got any info please?
  • qwertyuiop7
    Free Member

Tried the search function and google but can only find lots of “yes you can ride there” and loads of roadie “it’s a great ride up” info
    I know you can ride there as me and the lads gave it a go last year, trouble is we got hopelessly lost as we didn’t have a trail map and there were no signs. I was expecting it to be like the trail centres where you just follow the colours, but by the time I could get a 3G signal we were in the next valley closer to Aix le Bain than Annecy and we had a 25m ride home on a main road !! Not fun and the wife was less than impressed when we turned up 3 hours late.
    So to save a repeat of last years fiasco does anyone know where I can get a trail map, or even if there is such a thing?
    There is a service bus put on especially to take you and your bike up the 16km to the top so I’m guessing there must be some kind of official trail network but I couldn’t find anything last year and have drawn a blank on the net so far thus year. No reply as yet from the tourist info office either 🙁
    Or am I just going to have to get a proper os style map and take it steady ?

Cheers

jambalaya
    Free Member

Try having a look on here and also look at the French IGN maps online (you need to switch on IGN) geoportal

Also in my experience you can only get the local VTT trail maps at the tourist offices and not online

IA

No official trails I know of, but there are some outstanding DH trails off the top that almost certainly aren’t on any map…. I had a local to guide me though.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Le Semnoz Mtb trails near Lake Annecy, anyone got any info please?’ is closed to new replies.