Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Le Grand depart.
  • trevron73
    Free Member

I am getting a road bike this summer ready for “Le Grand depart” which is passing through my home towns of Skipton and Keighley (i grew up half way between both in Steeton)
    So is any body else thinking about going to the dark side for the summer ? Even though i have been “into” Off roading and ATB since’88 i reckon i will have a dabble this summer. Of course i have looked at getting a Pinarello basic model in black and blue and then getting all the team SKY kit from Rapha. I reckon a fat bloke in all the SKY garb might look like i am trying too hard ,so i reckon i will get a second hand Boardman or Trek and some understated Lycra .Camelback yes or No

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Troll ?

To be honest I wouldn’t ride a road bike around the Aire Valley its too busy.

Also on the weekend of the race I reckon an mtb will be the only way to get around as the roads will be gridlock.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

camelback no

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    atlaz
    Free Member

No camelbak, that’s what pockets and bottles are for

cozz
    Free Member

im going up to watch, and will be taking my mountain bike because

1) road bike will be rubbish around a campsite
    2) dont fancy standing for hours with my road shoes on
    3) riding a fat bike will bemuse the roadies no end !
    4) im better at riding back from the pub on it

chunkymonkey
    Free Member

Where are you going to watch it?

matt_outandabout

BadlyWiredDog

A word of warning, Team Sky changed their name and their official replica kit at the beginning of this year. That means last year’s Pro Sky Cycling stuff is out of date and a bit naff to wear, especially at the Tour Depart. Incidentally OT, you forgot to throwing in the stuff about baggies and a peak on your helmet and a reference to leg shaving. A pretty poor effort imho. 😐

martinhutch

I’ve got my Sky string vest and Rapha hankie ready to go.

MulletusMaximus
    Free Member

If you’re going to troll then at least try and be a bit more subtle and not make it so blatantly obvious. 🙄

cozz
    Free Member

IM going to Nidderdale bike fest

shortcut

This thread would be much more rewarding on RoadCC.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Le Grand depart.’ is closed to new replies.