Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • LD events easy to get to from Edinburgh
  • cynic-al
    Free Member

I need to plan some events, pref long distance, running, mtb, tri, no sportives, grass roots preferred over big $ branded things.

Any ideas for close to or easy to get to from the Burgh? I’ll have a loot at the audax calendar too.

fasthaggis

Snow roads,
    Embrace your Audax years

😉

DougD

Definitely recommend the audax calendar for ideas, did the erit lass a couple of years ago (220km), there’s also the southern uplands audax and the Merse and moors looks ok too

AlasdairMc

Capital Trail (obviously)
    Highland Trail Race (Tyndrum)
    Cairngorms Loop (Blair Atholl)
    London Edinburgh London (sort of)
    Ride to the Sun

CraigW
    Free Member

Don’t think the Snow Roads audax is on this year.
    But there’s plenty other audaxes – usually a few from Musselburgh or Dalmeny. Also at Galashiels, could get there on the train. Or from Forfar, you can get the train to Dundee.

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

Race against the sun.
    Carlisle to Cramond one night in June.
    Free entry

tomd
    Free Member

There are a lot of Audax events starting in Musselburgh as one of the organisers lives there.

MussEd
    Free Member

Not sure Tyndrum can be classed as handy from Edinburgh?

Anyway if a wee bit of travel is doable a couple of colleagues of mine have set up their own events company as an alternative to the big £££ companies – http://www.breakingstrain.co.uk/events/run-the-blades/

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member
    MoreCashThanDash

Extra “hard as nails” points if you ride to and from an audax event. Overnight. In the snow.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘LD events easy to get to from Edinburgh’ is closed to new replies.