Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • LCD/LED monitors for Apple Mac Mini
  • gribble
    Free Member

My mini may be moved to a dedicated desk, as I am sort of setting up a home office (as per the Mitchell and Webb reference in another post).

Any recommendations for LCD/LED/whatever is current screens? I have no particular budget, but am not forking out crazy dollars for anything. I see Amazon do them for around £100.

My requirements are:

size – 21.5 in (or larger, but not a huge issue)
    good colour reproduction
    able to add second input source (so I can use work lap top with the screen)
    I take it LCD speakers are still not worth having?
    looks – got to look ok
    USB inputs, if easy, to save me reaching the back of my mac mini

Any thoughts and recommendations gratefully received.

CountZero

Unless you’re going to use it for colour-critical jobs, like Photoshop for repro, then pretty much anything that fits your budget. My monitor is a 42″ Sony Bravia telly!
    Works just fine, the Mini sits just under one corner, with about a 5mm gap. Don’t worry too much about having USB ports, you can pick up a USB hub for peanuts, have a look for something with a decent quality screen.
    Oh, and mine is plugged into my Yamaha A/V amp via a fibre-optic TOSLink via the headphone socket, with music playback via Remote on my pad or phone.

gribble
    Free Member

Count Zero – currently have mine linked to a TV (big Bravia has apple tv, mac mini an older Panasonic). Have tried to set up a wireless system, but find airport express very unreliable.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘LCD/LED monitors for Apple Mac Mini’ is closed to new replies.