Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • LCD TV
  • mikey74
    Free Member

Can you recommend me one (32 inch preferably), and are there any good deals around at the moment?

steve-g
    Free Member

I've said it before and I'll say it again….get down to Tesco and buy their dirt cheap smart price or whatever it is 32" tele. I got mine from there for about 280 and I am more than happy with it, I think they are selling them for 199 now. It gets freeview and has HDMI ports for your console/laptop, what more do you need?

Then take the money you saved on buying a much more expensive tele with an imperceptible difference in quality and do something fun with it.

sockpuppet

do you remember that phonejacker sketch about the ''luckerduhturve''?

it's playing in my head about now…

Smuzzy
    Free Member

Richer Sounds have a few god offers. Toshiba 32" for £279.95 or £329.95 for a full 1080P model

missingfrontallobe
    Free Member

Even the Aldi Tevion 32" is good VFM compared to some "deals" at the moment – includes a 3 year warranty, which Currys et al don't – immediately bumps up the cost a lot.

bigshape
    Free Member

there certainly is a perceptible difference between full 1080HD and HD ready 720p which the £199 tesco job almost certainly is…

make sure whatever you get is full HD.

lodious
    Free Member

On a 32 inch TV, you won't notice any benefit from 1080p unless you are viewing from 6 inches away. Go for a HD Ready and save the cash.

bigshape
    Free Member

speaking from personal experience, i can certainly notice the difference between my 720p and my mate who lives across the street's 1080p tv… 😐

lodious
    Free Member

There are lots of factors that affect PQ, but resolution (for most applications) is a long way down the list.

dave_aber
    Free Member

who lives across the street's 1080p tv

Bloody hell, you've got better eyesight than me then. Does he leave his curtains open?

bigshape
    Free Member

fair enough. my tv's probably just shit then! 😆

BurnBob
    Free Member

Went to Tescos on 27th December, got a 32 inch full HD 1080p tv built in free view, etc etc for £199, they are selling the same tele now for about £350. was apparantly a special boxing day offer.

uplink
    Free Member

Went to Tescos on 27th December, got a 32 inch full HD 1080p tv built in free view, etc etc for £199, they are selling the same tele now for about £350. was apparantly a special boxing day offer.

or maybe a special 'the day after Boxing Day' offer?

🙂

lodious
    Free Member

fair enough. my tv's probably just shit then!

Might be nothing wrong with your TV, the settings have a huge effect on picture quality. Try turning off any PQ 'enhancements' and if the TV has a Cinema mode, try it (might look a bit bland at first). One of the biggest problems with comparing TV's in shops is that the same TV can look so different, depending on the settings.

Haze

Sony Bravia.

BurnBob
    Free Member

Technika from Tescos, as above.

grantway
    Free Member

Forget Tesco's best place for LCD TV's is Richer Sounds.
    I bought a LG 42LH3000 for £ 509 Tescos was £ 650 ?
    You can also print the deal of the Net and Richer Sounds
    honer that deal in the shop.

Also regarding the Tesco Technika brand they cant fix them if they go
    wrong had listened to a radio program.

Richer Sounds

Muke
    Free Member

Also regarding the Tesco Technika brand they cant fix them if they go
    wrong had listened to a radio program.

Tell me more, I am trying to decide between Tesco and RicherSounds as my boy wants to get a 22" lcd for his PS3 using his xmas money.

spacemonkey

Depends on the quality of picture, sound and connectivity you want, etc.

I looked around for a 32" just before Xmas and went with an LG LH4010 from Richer Sounds @ £430 inc 5yr onsite warranty. Very impressed – more than I expected.

Superb picture with full 1080HD and progressive scan.
    Audio decent enough for everyday use but we plug it into the downstairs amp for proper sound.
    Loads of connectivity otions; 3 HDMI, PC/VGA, USB (MP3s, photos, etc), component, 2 SCART, headphones.
    Freeview.
    5 min setup.
    Loads of customisation options.

If you're looking to spend upwards of £350/£400 then I would seriously take a look at the LH4010 because you get a lot of kit for your money – and the respected RS warranty.

spacemonkey

Whatever you do, remember that quality and choice is subjective.

One person might say "Get a cheap model and save the cash because you don't need anything fancy," and another will say (like me) "Spend a bit more and get something better quality, perhaps more future-proofed, and with a proper warranty."

Looking back, there's no way I would have settled for any of the £280-£350 models that I was previously considering. The LG is far better all round.

Naturally it depends on your budget, but it is at least worth walking into a showroom and having a look while asking questions yourself.

dave_aber
    Free Member

Sony Bravia

Bought 80 Bravias recently for a TV system upgrade on an offshore gas platform. Really not impressed with the performance. Admittedly, we rebroadcast in SD Analogue RF, but we have some other TVs on board which perform significantly better than the Bravias are. Overpriced for what you get IMHO. (KDL-20S3000 model). Couple of bigger Samsungs at about the same price are stunning in comparison on the same SD Analogue RF signal. Even the old 19" CRTs we replaced looked better than these Sonys.

ScottChegg
    Free Member

Got 2 LG's last year from Richer Sounds. Both 1080p, both 5year warranty and cheaper than anyone else by a mile.

Great picture quality, and if it goes wrong LG will come out and fix it.

I wouldn't touch a Tesco special.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘LCD TV’ is closed to new replies.