Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • LCD TV
  • theotherjonv

We're upgrading (using some c/card cashback etc. and taking advantage of any good deals)

The limits are: £500 to spend. TV should be 37 or max 40". Want reliability or would consider spending some of the budget on a warranty at Richer Sounds.

Anyone have any brand or specific recommendations, or seen any must have deals out there?

Based on Richer's website considering either a LG or Panasonic? Thoughts?

[arse – wrong forum! Sorry mods]

nickhart
    Free Member

ok so i think some will be upset that it's a thread about none biking stuff on the biking forum. tut tut.
    to be honest i can't be bothered with the politics.
    i've been looking at the same problem and have come to the conclusion that i'm going to wait for a led lcd as they're more environmentally friendly, use less energy, are thinner and can last longer. my dad bought a panasonic and it has a life. a tube style tv will last as long as it lasts but an lcd has an expected life span so that worth checking. i wouldn't go for a plasma as although they're a bit better picture than the lcd they use a stack of power and have a true glass screen which can be damaged. also many of the manufacturers are stopping production as they get damaged in transit and are expensive to produce. i think it's a bit of a beta v vhs going on again.
    richer sounds are good but check out comet and john lewis. comet often have discount vouchers online revoo shows some of them. john lewis aren't the cheapest but they do good warranty and customer service.
    hope that helps.

montylikesbeer

Have a mooch below, great source for info

av forums

mikewsmith
    Free Member

worth remembering John Lewis will price match

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘LCD TV’ is closed to new replies.