Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • LBS = w@nkers. On one wheels content.
  • MrSparkle

My missus took a back wheel into the LBS for them to remove a freewheel as I don't have a tool for it. Got the wheel back and one of the end caps is missing. Rang 'em up 'Oh no, it came in like that. It's not here.' I know full well that the fookin' thing WAS on the wheel when it left here and it ain't in the car. **** useless. Typical really as I never, ever let anyone else do any work on my bikes. I let my guard slip once and what happens??
    Anyone got a spare end cap for an On one cartridge bearing hub, think it's an Inbred one?

GeeWavetree
    Free Member

have you tried (shock horror) – on one?

cynic-al
    Free Member

Kick up a fuss at the shop.

jimthesaint

end cap?

MrSparkle

Looked on on one site. Doesn't list any spares. I will give them a tinkle later.

wwaswas

it could have fallen out between car and lbs I guess.

I tend to keep the QR on all my wheels when not in the bike now as I had a similar problem with a Hope one coming off in the shed.

re: doing the work yourself – agree – I buy the tools for each job as I do it now and Merlin do a chainwhip/cassette tool fairly cheap.

Drac

All that anger over an end cap. WOW!

jimthesaint

Once again, what and where are the 'end caps' on hubs?

wwaswas

jim – there are press fit machined alloy bits that fit int he end of the hub and cover the cartridge bearings. they're normally held in by rubber 'o' rings but can be a bit loose.

jimthesaint

Ah I see. Is it like a Hope hub with the knurled clamping surface also built in, or is it just a cover to shield the bearing?

hainey
    Free Member

Bad service?
    Don't use them again?

miketually
    Free Member

If they're Planet-X Dog hubs, they're the same as DMR Revolver hubs; might be easier to get spares for those.

singletrackmatt

Plus you don't know the shop actually lost it then do you?

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘LBS = w@nkers. On one wheels content.’ is closed to new replies.