Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • LBS – why do I bother?
  • chunkypaul
    Free Member

dropped into the LBS in chester this morning….. as I need a star fangled nut to install a new fork

but do they know what one is…..? the bloke behind the counter looked at me as if I was speaking another language and replied “we don’t do nuts and bolts mate”

oh dear lord…..

devs
    Free Member

Even halfrauds stock them!

MrNutt
    Free Member

you should have taken off your shoes, put them on the counter and then turned around and left the shop. That’ll learn em.

Swiftacular
    Free Member

Name and shame? IBS or mainstream shop?

tinribz
    Free Member

I went in a shop the other day and asked for a stem to take oversize bars. Got told they don’t stock them, so I pointed to one just behind her. After a seemingly reluctant trip to the workshop she asked me for length and angle – 90mm / 5deg. Then for what type of bike it was for?!

Went through the same thing for a pair of grips it took a fair bit of insistance and more pointing to convince them that the ones on the top shelf (needing a ladder) were not women’s grips.

Customers who need’s em.

Zedsdead
    Free Member

just smash the place up.

RudeBoy
    Free Member

just smash the place up.

Yeah! And then shit on the counter.

TheFunkyMonkey
    Free Member

name and shame

gizzardman
    Free Member

I did an 80 mile round trip on Friday to pick my bike up that had meant to have had the forks rebound repaired. Spoke to them before i made the trip and was told that it’s all sorted. Got there and the fork had come back from TFTuned? and the rebound was exactly the same! By the looks of it they hadn’t even lokked at it To say i was p1ssed of is an understatement. Although the journey back is 40 miles it took me nearly 3 hours because of the fuck1ng snow and came back bike less!!!
    I’m not going to name the shop as prior to this they’ve been excellent. Mangager was very apologitic and professional about the situation too.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘LBS – why do I bother?’ is closed to new replies.