Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)
  • LBS rant and wtd classified question
  • flatfish
    Free Member

The mark up is called “stupidity tax”.
    If your too lazy to look on the biggest parts suppliers website in Europe, maybe even the world, then more fool you.

mattyfez

I can’t see how it’s cheeky, op was too lazy to go online and research his own part, went to shop and asked them to get it, shop will have reserched best quickest place to buy, and ordered the part, it will have to go through their books and be ‘handled’ so there’s an admin overhead.. that’s providing a service..which surprisingly shop’s charge for.

Would you ne happier if they’d sourced the same part somewhere else and it cost more and took longer to arrive?

Bizarre.

mattyfez

I will have to take it back to the shop who will then have to send it to CRC as the proof of purchase is from both shops grrrrr.

Well yes, your contract of sale is with the retailer, the LBS in this case, so they would need to handle warranty issues, they are legally obliged to, the distributor or manufacturer or any other middle men, CRC for example may help you directly but they are not obliged to as you have no contract with them.

Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

Dont CRC own hotlines? So others parts will also come from CRC anyway

philxx1975
    Free Member

Dont CRC own hotlines?

Not sure how this affects Shimano?

What do hotlines bring that is useful?

deadkenny
    Free Member

philxx1975 – Member
    They would not discuss warranty of grey imports which this is OEM stock retail stock comes in retail boxes.

Grey imports they consider it’s come from outside of the home market. Within the EU, so long as it’s sourced from an EU country, the law says it’s the same as being bought in the same country and there’s no such thing as a grey import. If it’s been sourced from outside the UK but within the EU and they kick up a fuss, challenge them as they’re breaking EU law. Still though your first port of call is with the original retailer really for any warranty as your contract is with them.

OEM is tricky however as technically OEM stock shouldn’t be being sold as retail. They are to be supplied to manufacturers as a component to build with. CRC and the like get hold of the stock cheap and flog to end users.

Not sure on the law there, but still once it’s been sold to you I think EU warranty laws should still apply just the same.

Many try to wash their hands of responsibility, mostly because they object you’ve gone through channels that are out of their control so they haven’t been able to artificially fix a high price.

breadcrumb

I don’t see a problem.

If it goes wrong your contract is with the LBS.

I’d just go for a ride if I were you.

khani
    Free Member

I don’t see a problem.

It’s the principle apparently..
    Not getting it myself tbh..

Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

Not sure how this affects Shimano?

Nothing directly, but as CRC and Hotlines IIRC are the same business some LBS will have accounts with them. IF madison are out of stock or high on pricing for the product then they will go through other distribution channels.IN this case CRC to get YOU what YOU wanted,

At the end of the day you walked into a shop and got what you asked for.

njee20
    Free Member

How many warranty items have you sent back to Madison directly? None you say? So it’s a theoretical issue, as the issue is exactly the same, you return it to your LBS.

Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)

The topic ‘LBS rant and wtd classified question’ is closed to new replies.