Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • LBS nr Sale, Manchester
  • bash
    Free Member

Can anyone recommend a LBS in or near Sale in Manchester. Have popped into North West MTB centre a few times but they seem quite expensive for some things and only stock the higher end products.

Building a Giant Trance from the frame up and would like to try to buy most bits locally if I can.

xherbivorex
    Free Member

bike shak in altrincham?

or you have ken fosters in chorlton…

Bikeshak in Alty, but tbh I’d always use NWMTB anyway even though you can find cheaper elsewhere. Quality of service and knowledgeable staff who go out of their way to help you are worth paying a few extra £’s for.

Beaten me to it Andy!

carlos
    Free Member

Bike Shak

Cyclestore @ Snow & Rock in Didsbury do price match guarantee

There is one in Rusholme but can’t remember what its called

Naranjada
    Free Member

Devereux cycles in Ashton on Mersey is your nearest and always gets a good vibe but might not be the sort of place you need if it’s parts that you’re after, then probs Ken Foster in Chorlton, then Bike Doctor in Rusholme or Bike Shak in Altrincham as others have said.

paul4stones

Can’t believe Devereux is still going. I think I bought a bike from them 30+ years ago. They used to shut on a Thursday (?) to go out for a ride 🙂

Bregante

Evans at Chill Factor. Do your research online first and get them to price match. And if you need any spannering, the Ozzie bloke (name escapes me) is pretty good and very knowledgeable.

brooess
    Free Member

Bike Shak
    Do a good job and great service

monksie
    Free Member

Ozzie bloke is Marc (I thought he’s German).

hora
    Free Member

Buy online with Merlin. Localish and not a corporate company.

I wouldnt shop at NWmtb. Max profit/RRP isnt nice.

xherbivorex
    Free Member

i only really didn’t mention evans or cycle surgery (not cycle store!) because they’re chains.

nbt

nwmtb are good guys if you don’t go in and try to show them you know better then them. they will even price match where they can, althoug Ihave in the past been told that the price quoted was less than they paid wholesale (for an SRAM cassette – I bought from Merlin)

Getting a bit further afield from sale, I can heartily recommend Bicycle Smithy in Hazel Grove, or Keep Pedalling in That Manchester’s famous Northern Quarter.

acidchunks

Great attitude! 😀

I always go to Ken Foster’s on Barlow Moor Road even though I work above the Evans cycles in town.

scaled
    Free Member

I’m quite a fan of thread gold cycles In whythenshaw. Tend to use them for spannering purposes rather than purchases with the exception of a BB that was impossible for any online retailers to get right!

Really nice folk though.

bash
    Free Member

Cheers guys. I’ll get round a few on them and see what they’ve got!

Andyhilton
    Free Member

I’ll second Devereux for spannering. They will order stuff in and price match to a certain degree as well. I’m slightly biased as I occasionally work there.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘LBS nr Sale, Manchester’ is closed to new replies.