Viewing 38 posts - 201 through 238 (of 238 total)
  • LBS .. not doing themselves any favours!
  • rickon
    Free Member

Just for a little bit of balance, LoCo / Shepleg is one of the nicest people I know.

His Shepleg account was here way before he setup LoCo Tuning, and I know he wanted to have a professional account, and a personal account.

If I had a cycle related business I’d do exactly the same, one for selling bits and bobs and asking random ‘What tyre for Cwmcarn’ questions, and another which is professional focused for answering questions I’d know loads of really useful stuff about.

He’s one of the best contributors here, and will do his best to share his encyclopedic knowledge of all things suspension.

If you ever get the chance, pop by with some coffee to his shop and pester him about forks / shocks / goats milk / pasties / cake.

nealglover
    Free Member

His Shepleg account was here way before he setup LoCo Tuning, and I know he wanted to have a professional account, and a personal account.

If I had a cycle related business I’d do exactly the same, one for selling bits and bobs and asking random ‘What tyre for Cwmcarn’ questions, and another which is professional focused for answering questions I’d know loads of really useful stuff about.

That’s all fair enough.

But as was spotted in this thread, he is basically using two ID’s in the “traditional” manner. To hide his identity and have opposing views on the same thread.

One bing helpful , the other being a nob.

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/are-my-revs-knackered

Which would suggest his, “oh I didn’t realise, multiple devices and auto login etc etc” excuse is a bit erm, lame ?

pitchpro2011
    Free Member

This thread got gay fast

pitduck
    Free Member

op+1 dishonest bike shop,backed up by dishonest in crowd 😐

smell_it
    Free Member

Which would suggest his, “oh I didn’t realise, multiple devices and auto login etc etc” excuse is a bit erm, lame ?

Aye, if i were loco i would have just gone with the being a nob option. He is on stw so it’s not like he is not in plentiful company. His explanation does seem tinged with bs, which is a shame.

I’m thinking of setting up an alternative account where I’m not a nob, it would be a nice mirror to my rather unpleasant real self.

aracer
    Free Member

This thread got gay fast

Do you want to marry it?

user-removed
    Free Member

Do you want to marry it?

Hmmm. Donno – is it a ladyboy in disguise?

palookah
    Free Member

It’s all gone a bit Ting Tong for LoCo/Shepleg.

thejesmonddingo

mooman
    Free Member

I guess all I can add is pix of the said wheel.
    The LoCo/Shepleg/LBS connection has been made crystal clear to me yesterday .. I suspected as much anyways 😉

tinybits
    Free Member

Nice wheels. Can I suggest you pop to your LBS and get those spokes done up properly?

mooman
    Free Member

tinybits – Member

Nice wheels. Can I suggest you pop to your LBS and get those spokes done up properly?

😀

theflatboy
    Free Member

One thing I might have missed:

You take some parts in to a shop to be assembled, shop tells you some need swapping for something else which is duly ordered. You go in to pick up assembled item. In what world is there any question as to whether or not the unsuitable parts are returned to you? Why should you need to ask?

This place either seems intentionally dishonest or just pretty crap, if OP is accurate. Either way, worth avoiding I’d say.

fathomer

mooman – Member
    The LoCo/Shepleg/LBS connection has been made crystal clear to me yesterday .. I suspected as much anyways

Unless I’ve missed something, what’s the link? I’m intrigued.

nealglover
    Free Member

Me too.

khani
    Free Member

I’ve tried to see both sides on this thread and not to knee jerk my way into it, but I’m sorry its bollocks!!!
    The builder tried it on and was busted.. This is a bike forum and the OP has a right to voice his experience.
    Certain peeps have probably learned a few lessons on this thread…

alexandersupertramp
    Free Member

This is getting more and more sinister IMO.

This thread was started by the person who posted about LoCo bring the nicest person he new on page6.
    http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/just-had-my-reverb-serviced-by-loco-tuning-and.

As mentioned already this stinks as much as the Diet/workout con. Say something non Pc on here and and get flamed. But if you are friends/log ins of a con man it’s ok to support them.
    Loco really needs to explain all this. I was going to use him to service my forks. His prices were better than Mojo and nothing but good reviews on here. But how many did he post himself ?

Rich
    Free Member

rickon – Member
    Just for a little bit of balance, LoCo / Shepleg is one of the nicest people I know.

He’s one of the best contributors here, and will do his best to share his encyclopedic knowledge of all things suspension.

If you ever get the chance, pop by with some coffee to his shop and pester him about forks / shocks / goats milk / pasties / cake.

Loco’s 3rd account?!

😉 *joke*

palookah
    Free Member

chakaping
    Free Member

Certain peeps have probably learned a few lessons on this thread…

And certain others probably haven’t.

molgrips
    Free Member

Hang on – those spokes look the right length..? I’ve lost track of the problem here.

rickon
    Free Member

Loco’s 3rd account?!

*joke*

I don’t think I’m nearly as useful as LoCo 😉

Spokes + original nipples were too short, so LBS used some longer nipples to solve the problem.

Nice wheels too – what bike are they going on? Any photos?

mooman
    Free Member

rickon – Member

Nice wheels too – what bike are they going on? Any photos?

Canyon CF SLX .. no pix .. couple more weeks before it gets delivered.
    No doubt I will post a pic up … and it `ll get slated STW style 😆

aracer
    Free Member

The LBS was right about one thing – those spokes are too short. Unfortunately it’s not been solved by the longer nipples – you don’t have many threads engaged in the nipples there, resulting in a weakness. You’ll probably get away with it as the NDS spokes aren’t under much tension, but it’s not ideal.

palookah
    Free Member

Probably getting away with it isn’t what you want in the back of your mind on a steep descent!

walleater

Whichever way you look at it, that’s not the greatest wheel build ever!

It’s also worth double checking which side of the flange the non-drive side the spokes need to sit as they have been laced radially. It’s generally good practice to have them with the nipples facing outwards. The way your wheel has been laced can cause the cartridge bearings to sit loose in the hub as the spokes are trying to open up the hole. More of an issue on lightweight hubs though.

FuzzyWuzzy

To be fair to Loco he has explained it was a mistake in that his other login was cached and I can see why you’d want two logins in this place as a cycling related business owner. Hopefully that’s all it is and there’s nothing underhand like the old Superstar debacle, I guess I can understand why some people are more suspicious though.

Those silver nipple don’t look right at all to me.
    Rather than ask mooman to undo one to check, has anyone got any similar spokes and nipples they can try out to see how much thread engagement they’ve got with three threads exposed ?

tinybits
    Free Member

Utter bollards. As good as Loco is on this forum, he’s clearly been posting on two logins at the same time. I understand that there may have been a cross over, and even he wanted two logins but to post on the same thread like he’s done more than once? If you believe that’s an accident, well, you may as well be trying to build a wheel with spokes that are to short.,

pitchpro2011
    Free Member

My friends had his rear shock and fork both serviced with loco both times the service was exceptional and I will be going there for mine. I’m not loco. :-P.

pussywillow
    Free Member

FuzzyWuzzy – MemberTo be fair to Loco he has explained it was a mistake in that his other login was cached and I can see why you’d want two logins in this place as a cycling related business owner. Hopefully that’s all it is and there’s nothing underhand like the old Superstar debacle, I guess I can understand why some people are more suspicious though.POSTED 7 HOURS AGO #

😆

nealglover
    Free Member

To be fair to Loco he has explained it was a mistake in that his other login was cached

He he. That’s funny 😀

“Cached login” Doesn’t quite explain why he was being Mr Helpful with one login and a complete nob with the other login, on the same thread does it ?

franksinatra

I still don’t know who we are flaming to death with pitchforks and bombers and wee!

Who is the baddy here?

Edit, obviously it should be the LBS but this seems to have been missed on most posters.

martinxyz
    Free Member

The baddy is the one who posts on a public forum to show up other folk without telling at least one story of a mistake they once made themselves.

martinxyz
    Free Member

OOops ‘ 😀 ‘

walleater

Those silver nipple don’t look right at all to me.
    Rather than ask mooman to undo one to check, has anyone got any similar spokes and nipples they can try out to see how much thread engagement they’ve got with three threads exposed ?

It’s just wrong. It shouldn’t have left the shop like that. I can’t even remember the original complaint on this thread, but that is one sheety wheel build. Also, they may have used linseed oil but I’m not seeing any sort of prep / freeze on those sticking out threads anyway, not as it’d do much use when half the threads aren’t even engaging in the spokes (bearing in mind that the spokes sit quite a way inside the nipples before engaging any threads)!

mooman
    Free Member

Yes – thanks fellas.
    As previously explained. I do not know enough to build my own wheels, but know enough to spot if they arent done properly.
    I will be taking the wheel to another LBS to have the NDS spokes replaced.

Anyways – thanks for confirming my doubts & concerns on the showing threads on spokes.

scratch
    Free Member

Did you recover OK after the fall in the crit Martin?

Viewing 38 posts - 201 through 238 (of 238 total)

The topic ‘LBS .. not doing themselves any favours!’ is closed to new replies.