Viewing 40 posts - 161 through 200 (of 238 total)
  • LBS .. not doing themselves any favours!
  • BruceWee

Yes but LoCo knows (of) Mooman and/or knows (of) the LBS in question and he’s told us that Mooman has history.

So we seem to be getting at least part of the other side of the story, even if it is shrouded in mystery

DenDennis
    Free Member

Whatever the reason for the ‘mixup’ in this instance, clear communication from the LBS appears to have been a factor.

a question for the LBS owners / staff on here- have you ever ‘invented’ the need for a spare part as a way of buying time against an over-optimistic turnaround or pushy customer?

I can recall overhearing a conversation at a certain very trendy london road/hipster-centric shop, (staffed by 70%tools 30%decent types) where customer rocks up asking for his campag rear wheel they were due to have fixed by last friday.
    Customer goes off browsing clothes as till staff is calling workshop downstairs saying something like “what? you aint looked at it yet? eh? ok i’ll tell him”
    then to customer- “yes sorry sir, we are waiting for a part – needs to be fed-exed in from italy – a er, spoke, should be here by tomorrow.”
    customer looks a little confused and says “ok, i thought it was just the hub that needed sorting”…

never used that workshop!

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Perhaps, but isn’t there a suggestion that this isn’t the first thread where the two personas have both contributed, and apparently contributed in different “voice”? Dress it up however your like, but that’s dishonest. Not going to check the allegation, so apologies if I’m naive in taking it as so from what is posted here, but having seen the posts on this thread, I don’t buy this “accidental, logins set on different devices” story.

It’s not like he came on and said “I agree with LOCO” or started knocking MOJO or TF like the Suoperstar/Fruit/Tango incident.

Why can’t you buy it? I’ve got at least 3 e-mail addresses depending whether I’m in Work, out of work but doing serious stuff, or my own personal account. I’d have no problem with a shop/brand having a ‘work’ login, obviously that system woule be open to abuse and astroturfing, which is why it’s banned as a ban’s easier to police.

BruceWee

Had a quick look at shepleg’s posting history (I’m bored)

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/are-my-revs-knackered

In this thread Scapegoat is thanking LoCo and telling shepleg to piss off in the same post.

‘I honestly didn’t realise I was still using that login, guv.’ Not so sure myself.

thejesmonddingo

The whole of this thread predicates on the honesty and reliability of the OP.It seems to me to be very “keyboard warriorish” of him to post on here accusing the LBS of dishonesty.If he can prove this,then he should be dealing with Trading Standards,not making potentially libellous statements on a public site.I think the mods should have pulled this thread as it could threaten Singletrack if the LBS is not prosecuted.

stevied
    Free Member

It seems like a few on this thread know the LBS. Why not get them to reply? I’d like to think that, if the evidence we’ve seen is not true, they would be more than happy to defend themselves..

smell_it
    Free Member

I think the mods should have pulled this thread as it could threaten Singletrack if the LBS is not prosecuted.

Is you on crack?

thejesmonddingo

No I’m not,it’s a risky proposition for forums like this to publish potentially libellous statements and has led to threads being pulled on here before now.

edlong
    Free Member

It seems like a few on this thread know the LBS. Why not get them to reply? I’d like to think that, if the evidence we’ve seen is not true, they would be more than happy to defend themselves

Given that they’ve been accused of attempted fraud, I think that would be poor advice tbh, much as I’d love to get the rich teas out for a good fight. They’ve got two options:

1) Admit the OP’s story is correct. If it was me, I wouldn’t want to commit that to writing.

2) Dispute the OP’s story. Some will believe them, some will believe the OP. No one will come out of it looking good.

aracer
    Free Member

No I’m not,it’s a risky proposition for forums like this to publish potentially libellous statements and has led to threads being pulled on here before now.

That depends whether you think there’s a chance the story the OP gives is untrue – personally I’d suggest it would appear rather unlikely, and at worst it’s a case of one person’s word against another’s which is unlikely to lead to the award of huge damages. There might be some debate over whether it was something the shop did deliberately or it was all an accident, but I don’t see that any of that debate is likely to cause any particular issues.

palookah
    Free Member

Just how many sock-puppets are there on this thread ffs?

edlong
    Free Member

Dunno palookah, is there something you’d like to tell us?

franksinatra

I still don’t know who we are burning 🙁

thejesmonddingo

Lets make it simple,and all burn ourselves.Out of sheer politeness,I’ll let you go first.

franksinatra

If I burn myself can I still log in with my other alter ego account?

stevied
    Free Member

If I burn myself can I still log in with my other alter ego account?

Only if it’s an accident as you have so many different devices etc… 😉

palookah
    Free Member

@edlong, no not specifically.

But it is very curious; there are constant calls for name and shame in threads where an unidentified LBS has been accused or poor/dubious behaviour. In this case we have numerous attacks on the OP and calls for the thread to be deleted.

thejesmonddingo

You could burn yourself with one account,and burn someone else with the other.

Junkyard
    Free Member

but isn’t there a suggestion that this isn’t the first thread where the two personas have both contributed, and apparently contributed in different “voice”?

What they said on here was the same so I am still waiting for the first thread never mind multiples
    Bruce wee – I can sort of see your point but it is not that clear cut tbh though it is a less helpful tone but could have been done by loco and same mistake as here. Either way i am firmly in the dont GAS camp and likes locos input on here

In this case we have numerous attacks on the OP and calls for the thread to be deleted.

Yes the forum is a strange beast at times I think the thread should stay FWIW

scratch
    Free Member

If only there was a panacea

thejesmonddingo

I feel the same as JY about loco,but still don’t feel this is the place for the OP to launch a massive slagging off of an LBS.If he feels it is a deliberate attempt to defraud him,the Police and Trading Standards are the appropriate people to discuss it with,not a bunch of keyboard jockeys with too much time on their hands.This still assumes that the OPs version is gospel,which an awful lot of people on here seem to be assuming.I personally have no idea who’s right or who’s wrong,but the OP got his money back,and I think the rest smacks of petulance on his part.

edlong
    Free Member

the OP got his money back,and I think the rest smacks of petulance on his part

I didn’t read it like that. Sure, the guy’s pissed off, but under those circumstances, who wouldn’t be? I took it as a friendly bit of advice to fellow cyclists: “watch out for this shop, they tried to rip me off”. I’m grateful to the OP for it, regardless of what motivated him.

palookah
    Free Member

@thejesmonddingo

So you have no idea who’s right or wrong but you’re going to skew your opinion radically in favour of the LBS whilst throwing disparaging remarks at the OP and those who take him at his word.

Good work.

thejesmonddingo

Mi bad 🙁

thejesmonddingo

You seem to be telling me I can only have an opinion if it agrees with yours.I intend to differ.

Junkyard
    Free Member

not sure re flaming i nearly did one recently as I bout=ght a tyre waited four days then got an invoice saying three day delay to post then a weelk later they said it was damaged so order a new one then 10 days after that i asked for a refund then i had to chase them up for the refund …do you wish to use Hargroves cycles now?
    I know i dont and they were just trying to sell stuff they did not have and could not get rather than charging me for stuff they had not done – granted I had an e-mail chain to prove this but each to their own

Now i refrained for I am not like that 😉
    I was cross though and being charged for something not done , if true would have had me angry enough to internet flame tbh

palookah
    Free Member

@thejesmonddingo

That’s cool, everyone’s entitled to an opinion.

Mine’s based on what the OP reported and drivel such as this:

shepleg – Member

Knowing both the op and shop, there is definatly more to this ‘story’ than has been posted here. Straight accusing them of theft and naming them is disgusting. With the op’s history.

What is yours based on?

aracer
    Free Member

Now i refrained for I am not like that

😆

taxi25
    Free Member

The whole of this thread predicates on the honesty and reliability of the OP.It seems to me to be very “keyboard warriorish” of him to post on here accusing the LBS of dishonesty.If he can prove this,then he should be dealing with Trading Standards,not making potentially libellous statements on a public site.I think the mods should have pulled this thread as it could threaten Singletrack if the LBS is not prosecuted.

Biggest load of tosh ever !! This is a bike forum and if its not for posting our cycling related experiencess whats it for ? The lbs admits it was wrong and and giving a refund proves it. Unlike most on here I know the op and like everyone he has history ( mostly for a love of riding his bikes bloody hard ), but not for libelous stories.
    For what its worth I reckon there was a delay in the spokes coming so the lbs used longer nipples to rush it out and “somehow” forgot to mention this when charging. Poor show ! all this double identity posting is another poor show !!

Tom-B
    Free Member

The loco double login is poor form (only heard good things about him otherwise) Certain posters yet again turning on an op that has been ripped off is also poor form.

jekkyl

scratch – Member
    If only there was a panacea

of what?

yunki
    Free Member

Certain posters yet again turning on an op that has been ripped off is also poor form.

I’m going to take exception to that, cos I’ve had a long and arduous day

enfht
    Free Member

I want to hear shepleg’s opinion on Superstar components.

nealglover
    Free Member

If he can prove this,then he should be dealing with Trading Standards,not making potentially libellous statements on a public site.

If he can prove it, then it’s not “potentially libellous” is it ?

It’s just an “accurate review”

nonk
    Free Member

Just like most Internet forum reviews eh ? 🙄

nealglover
    Free Member

If he can prove its all true.

Then it’s accurate.

peter1979
    Free Member

I like this

Q: If someone from the 1950s suddenly appeared today, what would be the most difficult thing to explain to them about life today?

A: I possess a device, in my pocket, capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man. I use it to look at pictures of cats and get in arguements with strangers.

Substitute ‘cats’ for bikes and this sums up the thread.

juan
    Free Member

£2 a spoke IS too much. Ours are 80p for plain gauge and £1.19 double butted including nipples.

It’s all depend on the spoke. And AEL is 3.6€. And a wite on is 4.95€.
    Then indeen a competition is much cheaper. They are many spoke in the DT catalogue hence many prices ;D

pussywillow
    Free Member

this is piss funny! 😆
    How could any of you half wits even think it was an honest mistake?? 😯
    I reckon the lbs guy tried his luck!
    Thanks for the warning, I shall never use that shop.

I knew loco was a phoney! ever since he was defending foxs service intervals being every 15 hours!good business for him aye! 😆

IanW
    Free Member

Stw classic.

Viewing 40 posts - 161 through 200 (of 238 total)

The topic ‘LBS .. not doing themselves any favours!’ is closed to new replies.