Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • LBS in "did the job well & as requested" NAME AND SHAME?
  • crotchrocket
    Free Member

Took in my wheel & Ed fitted a new spoke, straightened and rounded my wheel WHILE I WAITED! and only charged me a fair price. Jesus, what is the world coming too.

Should I name and shame the LBS?

nealglover
    Free Member

No need to name and shame.

I won’t be using them.

I look forward to slightly poor service so I can moan about it online 😉

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

I went into my LBs ( the bike chain in Edinburgh) got the parts I wanted at a decent price, got good advice

atlaz
    Free Member

I’ve got three LBS here:

1, Goedert – know me and fix things free as I spend money there regularly
    2, Extreme Bikes (shit name I know) – as cheap as some of the online places in Germany. Owner is grumpy. Workshop bloke gives me free stuff to make up for it
    3, Velo Sport Center – Convenient. Not too expensive, LOADS of stuff in stock so can always get what I need.

Totally happy with the first two, the latter is a choice for the days I need stuff and don’t want to ride/drive to get them.

mboy
    Free Member

My LBS are not only helpful and know their stuff for mostpart, but have gone out of their way to squeeze me in for a quick workshop job here and there, and will always do me a discount (usually 10%, sometimes more) without even asking, just cos they know me and they know I send other customers their way (see it works both ways).

If I had more money, I’d spend more there, but as it is I’m pretty skint so essentials like brake pads etc just get bought online.

I do know plenty of bike shops that aren’t my LBS though that I’m gobsmacked manage to stay in business such is their poor approach to customers! A mishap on today’s ride meant I actually had to use one I’d normally go out of my way to avoid… Hey ho!

eatsdirt
    Free Member

Loads of good bike shops in S Wales.

My nearest LBS is Rush Cycles, Col does everything workshop related that I don’t fancy doing myself, does it well and at a very reasonable price. Top bloke into the bargain.

I bought the last bike at Skyline, who not only did me a great deal and spent a good 20 mins on setting the demo bikes up properly each time but have also been good to me for running repairs and shiny kit.

My mates LBS is Muddybum bikes in Whitchutch, they’ve treated him very well and I pop in there for bits from time to time on the way home – another rider owned shop and a good bunch of lads

jedi

always name and shame good service! 🙂

vincienup
    Free Member

JE James in Sheffield (who I see other people complaining about) are within 5 minutes ride from me and have always been outstanding…

fatmax

The Bike Chain in Ed for me too, always leave feeling I’ve had good service and a pleasant chat.

fatmax

The Bike Chain in Ed for me too, always leave feeling I’ve had good service and a pleasant chat.

deano8
    Free Member

My local is Grafham bike shop, always really helpful with my dumb questions
    and with excellent customer service 🙂

nosedive
    Free Member

just had a service done at Edinburgh cycles in Sheffield, helpful, knowledgable, prompt and reasonable

(and their mechanics didn’t hide in a corner of the shop behind a half door trying to ignore me while eating chips which is basically my experience of the other Specialized dealer in Sheffield.)

ronjeremy
    Free Member

eatsdirt…..

Where are you based, Rush is my LBS too, and Col is a top bloke, had breakfast with him in Deano’s across the road (well kind of) this morning.

crotchrocket
    Free Member

I wouldn’t usually name and shame, but I feel obliged

youngrob

My LBS of choice is iCycles in Innerleithen. Good prices, prompt service, good coffee and plenty route advice from Mr Deas.

Named and Shamed!

cynic-al
    Free Member

I always get excellent service from Biketrax in Edinburgh

monksie
    Free Member

I always get excellent service, good prices and a laugh (often at my expense but it’s a fair cop) at Bicycle Smithy in Hazel Grove.

totalshell

Blazin saddles.. the mrs even comes, though has only once actually entered shop.. not a good idea now knows how much stuff costs..

Harry_the_Spider

I use Cookson Cycles in Whitefield. Friendly, knowledgeable, good service and a reasonable price.

The bastards, I don’t know why I bother.

andermt
    Free Member

Giant Store Rutland

Never had anything other than excellent service from them, a few tweeks and fixes done FOC when I’ve dropped in with the bike, expecting to pay and they way they dealt with a cracked frame was excellent.

I was overseas, emailed them some pictures of the cracked frame (2010 Anthem), they dealt with Giant and there was a new frame waiting when I returned and on a Sunday morning after 2 hours I had an all new frame with all my parts built back onto it with new head set and BB due to frame design changes, all FOC despite the Giant warranty not covering the rebuild costs.

eatsdirt
    Free Member

@ronjeremy I live in Brackla and work in Cardiff. Often see Col and the lads around after their shop ride up at afan

Raindog
    Free Member

The guys at Llandegla always look after me, I can’t think why I’d buy a mountain bike anywhere else. Most stuff I do myself but if I don’t have the time or expertise for a job or I have a problem on a ride I can always leave it there and pick it up next time I’m back.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

My two;

Cycle Surgery Victoria, That London – Lovely guys, always either have what I want, or get it in nice and easily. Also have one of the three best bike mechanics I’ve known. (See below…)

Stonehenge Cycles, Salisbury – Two of the best mechanics out there. Doodle the dog. Smiling, happy, friendly people staffing the place (Apart from Scoobs, that is… 😉 ) and a superb range of stuff.

singlespeedstu

Two Wheels Cycles in Stourdridge not only got me a couple of test bikes in to try without charge.
    They also let me take them away for two weekends away to try them out properly.
    Then they offered me an unrefusable deal on one of the bikes* that currently has an eight week waiting time.
    They also offered a realy good deal one the other though that’s not available until the end of the year.

*Better still they can sort it out for me in two weeks rather that the eight quoted by the importer. 😯 :mrgreen:

AWSUM Service.

ronjeremy
    Free Member

eatsdirt, I’m in Blackmill and work in BigEnd, often ride with the guys over the Garw as well,

thegman67

Dales cycles in Glasgow are always great with me fit me in quickly,Dougey and the guys always do a first class job

BenHouldsworth
    Free Member

Woodrups in Leeds; often spend the time it would take to do the job teaching me how to do it myself; Steve, his son and all the staff = Top blokes

genghispod
    Free Member

I live on the Poole side of Bournemouth, Primera in Parkstone will always help me buy stuff I don’t need and can’t really afford. Vince and Clive – I salute you! Good shop and top blokes.

kjb9
    Free Member

Daves cycles in Walsall for me good prices and top blokes who know their stuff.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

genghispod, is that Clive as in Gosling? If so, he’s a top chap!

Was in Bikelab in Richmond the other day, and it does not belong on this thread.

Bikelab, Richmond, London – Utterly rubbish. Rude, unpleasant staff. Hated it. Will happily tell anyone to avoid it.

edlong
    Free Member

Garage Bikes in Morley – top, and very good value for money, service

hilldodger
    Free Member

Switchback cycles, Knaphill Surrey – small shop but wall to wall, floor to ceiling with kit – nice place to shop or just pop in for a natter….

Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)

The topic ‘LBS in "did the job well & as requested" NAME AND SHAME?’ is closed to new replies.