• This topic has 9 replies, 8 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by br.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • LBS fork, shock and seatpost servicing costs
  • HansRey

The LBS has said that it’ll cost about £360 to service all of the parts listed below…

-RS Reverb stealth
    -Fox float ctd boost valve (2014)
    -RS Lyric Solo Air (2007)
    -Fox dhx air 5.0 (2007)

Is the price OK?

cokie

Price list from a well renowned shock tuner would set you back £370 (plus postage there). So £360 sounds good if they know what they’re doing.

-RS Reverb stealth: £90
    -Fox float ctd boost valve (2014): £85
    -RS Lyric Solo Air (2007):£90
    -Fox dhx air 5.0 (2007):£105
    (Here)

Rorschach
    Free Member

TF prices
    -Reverb £85
    -Float £95
    -Lyric £99
    -Dhx £95
    And postage.

SirHC

There is the possibility that they will just send them to TF, I would check.

HansRey

My LBS is in Finland and i think it’s done in-house. Sounds like the LBS price is OK. Thanks Cokie and Rorschach

(ps. TFT don’t service DHX Air shocks.)

P-Jay
    Free Member

The price is ‘ballpark’ but might not be fair, the posters above are showing prices for well regarded, well known tuning and service centres with a history of great customer service and documented history of putting things right on the rare occasions when things have gone wrong.

I’d ask who’s is going to do the work – it is someone ‘in house’ what’s their background, what is included in their ‘services’ change the oil and seals or is it a complete strip down and rebuild? If they discover a part has failed are they able to determine whether it’s wear and tear, accident damage or a manufacturing fault – personally whenever anything has gone wrong with any of my Fox stuff (that’s less than 2 years old) Loco and Mojo have asked Fox to replace it, lots of expensive parts on suspension stuff these days.

I suppose the point I’m making is that there’s a handful of well-known, well regarded Bike Suspension service centres in the UK, your LBS is probably subbing it out to one of them, but there’s also a lot of newer places who advertise on eBay and the like – given that there’s not a huge variation in prices and none of the things you want done are difficult to remove – I’d send the lot to TF or Loco.

eshershore
    Free Member

@P-Jay

good points.

at my shop we only do “fork lowers” and “air can” service – the more basic end of things, we carry appropriate oils, greases and factory replacement seals.

Anything more complex (like finding the stanchions are worn or the damper is blown), we’d send it off to TF or Mojo

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Basic servicing is a peice of piss.
    I’ll do your forks for £40 plus parts at work, £20 for a shock.
    But as has been said above its very doubtful many if any shops have the tooling to size the fork bushes or re-gas the nitrogen damper in the shock.
    I’d check EXACLTY what they’re doing before they start.

HansRey

thanks P-Jay and PeterPoddy, I’ll check what they will do.

PP, if you could arrange a courier service to Finland and back, you’d be onto a winner!

br
    Free Member

and Finnish VAT is 24%, so £360 is already £348…

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘LBS fork, shock and seatpost servicing costs’ is closed to new replies.