Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Lbs around Halifax ??
  • shaungero
    Free Member

Hi. Have just moved to the area and wanting to know a good LBS around the Halifax area. Happy to travel a bit if needed.
    Cheers

Sim

Can recommend Blazing Saddles in Hebden Bridge, good shop with a decent workshop too.

fubar
    Free Member

Pedalsport worth a look – https://pedalsportshop.wordpress.com/

more Road stuff than mountain though I think (?)

(& Blazing Saddles too if willing to travel a little further)

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Mal-ec
    Free Member

Another vote for Blazing in Hebden. They’ll point you in the direction a good local riding as well.

jaylittle
    Free Member

Which side of Halifax are you? For spares and repairs Firths in Queensbury offer a good service.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

I live in central Halifax and I’ll go to Pedalsport if I need some tubes or something, otherwise Blazing Saddles every time.

The shop by the station (Cycle Depot I think its called – its the shop front for ukbikedepot.co.uk or something) is ok if you want a bike but spares, parts etc – don’t even think about it. I went in after a new pair of bars and I think they had two different pairs to choose from.

shaungero
    Free Member

Cheers, I am in queensbury actually jay little, one of the main thing I wanted to ask them was about local riding groups MTB and road.

mike399
    Free Member

Another vote for Blazing Saddles

ElShalimo

Blazing Saddles are great
    Dave at Cycle Fast is great too, I think he’s in a local riding group too

Mugboo

Barry at Firths is great 🙂

TheSanityAssassin

Barry at Firth’s Cycles in Queensbury is a top bloke and a top wrench too. Highly recommended.

damascus
    Free Member

As above, spares and repairs, you can’t beat Barry at Fiths cycles, Queensbury. Has a nice little coffee/cake shop too.

New bike? cycle gear, Halifax. Check their website for some good deals

There’s a lot of shops very close to Halifax, we are fairly lucky.

Google

Paul miles (bradford)
    Pedal sport (king cross)
    Vs cycles (brighouse)
    Blazing saddles (Hebden bridge)
    All terrain cycles (Saltaire, Bradford)
    Air Valley cycles (sadly no more)
    Also orange factory in Halifax I think have started selling bikes direct?

andybrad

Welcome to the area and good luck 🙂

there are a few places around you. Im in the brighouse area so not too far away. VS cycles are OK and the last few times the guys smiled! used to be a right miserable old bugger.

Pedalsport is good and they have their own road and cyclocross team etc. lots of planend rides out with them.

Blazing saddles is good but i feel they are a little clicky when you first go in. Very good local knowledge etc.

I use dave at cyclefast a lot. Hes cheaper than everyone around here and does a good job but he doesnt appear have any massive overheads.

theres wheelspin in hudds which seem ok.

quite a few others though.

If you fancy a MTB ride and have a good set of lights then feel free to come out with us lot on a Wednesday night. we set off from salterhebble (watermill pub) at 7pm. a great group of folks and really good fun!

shaungero
    Free Member

#andybrad I missed your post last week. Would love to join you guys on a Wednesday night ride some time could you please email me at shaundavies86athotmaildotcom so I can confirm meeting point.
    Cheers Shaun

alibongo001

I would second the vote for Dave @ cyclefast, not just due to his good prices, but also his good service.

(He built me wheel up the same day so I could go the ‘Ard Rock enduro last year)

Pedalsport seem to do a lot for local cyclists in terms of clubs and Blazing saddles always seem to have a good range of kit.

downhilldave

Another vote for Barry and the crew at Firth Cycles. Very nice guys, excellent service and fantastic coffee and cake. Win win in my opinion. Always have time for a chat as well.

andybrad

Hi Shaun,

we meet at the watermill every wednesday evening to set off at 7pm. We had 20 of us last night so a good turn out. Cover about 10-15 miles usually.

You will need a Good set of lights!!!

we have a facebook page https://www.facebook.com/groups/120812281359156/ join in 🙂 (hope that works)

If you can get out with us next wednesday im sorting out a trip to Llandegla on the 21st

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Lbs around Halifax ??’ is closed to new replies.