Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • LBC Radio – that was an eye opener
  • thegreatape
    Free Member

Living as I do outwith the reach of digital radio, I listened to LBC for the first time ever while cruising down the M1 today. Topic of the day was Jacob Rees Mogg’s abortion views. Appreciate there’s already a thread going on that, but the phone in punters, where TF do they find them? One simpleton ratbag claiming the government had a new policy where if you had more than two kids the government would take them off you and have them adopted. Is it a station just for absolute roasters?

tomhoward

A brexiteer who was saying we should only buy British goods, when asked where we should buy washing machines from.

‘Wash your clothes by hand’

Klunk
    Free Member

phone in shows should be restricted to football, knowing the views of the great unwashed on just about anything else is just so depressing.

torsoinalake
    Free Member

They employ Nigel Farage and employed that utter **** Katie Hopkins. I think that answers your question.

oldmanmtb
    Free Member

Just accept that about 33% of the UK is dumb as a post. All current metrics support this (this may be a £350m esque NHS statement)

thegreatape
    Free Member

knowing the views of the great unwashed on just about anything else is just so depressing.

That’s exactly what I thought.

Was unaware Farage and Hopkins were associated, as I say, I’m late to the party. Shan’t go back either

jimdubleyou

I listened to LBC for the first time

Well, I hope you’ve learned your lesson. That station is an echo chamber for bigoted bellends.

zippykona

On a recent trip to Cornwall I was informed by my host that all the fish caught in cornwall all went off to a big central eu distribution centre and was then sent back to Cornwall.
    All over the county there are signs saying this blah blah is funded by the EU but still they believe the lies.

unklehomered
    Free Member

I thought they got rid of Hopkins for being too horrifically vile about the wrong particular thing?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Talk radio of any flavour = ****magnet

seosamh77
    Free Member

thegreatape – Member
    Is it a station just for absolute roasters?

more or less, aye.

jekkyl

they did get rid of Hopkins after her tweet about the manchester bombing. I listen to LBC all the time and yes it is mostly right wing points of view that are expressed.
    I like phone ins though, they are more entertaining forme than radio 4 or 5 or any other speech radio.
    Steve Allen at 4am – 7am is VERY entertaining, he doesn’t take calls at all and witters on. he’s great.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

It makes the Jeremy Vine Shown on Radio 2 sound balanced and well thought out FFS..

nickc

If you think LBC is bad, don’t tune into any BBC R5 phone in…

RustySpanner

One simpleton ratbag claiming the government had a new policy where if you had more than two kids the government would take them off you and have them adopted.

To be fair, it’s not a bad policy.

igm

CaptainFlashheart – Member
    Talk radio of any flavour = ****magnet

Now then Flashy, R4 is normally OK. Obviously with the exception of GQT.

pitduck
    Free Member

“It makes the Jeremy Vine Shown on Radio 2 sound balanced” easy now. 😆

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

R4 isn’t “talk radio” of the same form. I was meaning the “Hello, caller, what’s your ill informed rant on the topic du jour” genre of talk radio. They’re all terrible.

Apart from Down the Line, obviously.

RustySpanner

Talk Radio?
    What is point?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Talk Radio?
    What is point?

Lexi? Is that you? Finished with Roy?

salad_dodger

LBC is the radio equivalent of Jambalaya. And Teamhurtmore.

simondbarnes

Rusty Spanner – Member
    Talk Radio?
    What is point?

This forum needs a like button 🙂

Kryton57

Steve Allen at 4am – 7am is VERY entertaining, he doesn’t take calls at all and witters on. he’s great

+1

jambalaya
    Free Member

LBC is the radio equivalent of Jambalaya. And Teamhurtmore.

How very open minded of you

aracer
    Free Member

Though for balance it does also have Junkyard O’Brien

richwales

[video]https://youtu.be/XVguOvQ3GXY[/video]

thekingisdead
    Free Member

Just accept that about 33% of the UK is dumb as a post. All current metrics support this (this may be a £350m esque NHS statement)

52% according to the latest poll

chestercopperpot
    Free Member

A bit like the radio equivalent of the Daily Mail. Gives the crackpots of Britain a place to air their simple-minded, knee-jerk solutions to everything, amongst like-minded arseclowns.

Have they had a pothole special yet? Now there’s a zero tolerance crackdown the public would get behind.

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘LBC Radio – that was an eye opener’ is closed to new replies.