Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Lazy Sod.
  • oldgit
    Free Member

See that spelling mistake 'plumber' instead of plumper.

Tracker1972
    Free Member

Well, when it said bike lift I thought it meant something awesome like this one in Trondheim in this video.
    That would be worth it, love their attitude to their lift "look, all sorts of people are using it" and letting them, not banning non-cyclists and causing a fuss. Love the one just stood on it 🙂

BigDummy
    Free Member

My then girlfriend lived for a while in the big student block down there. That had a front door at the bottom of the hill, a lift and a back door at the top of the hill. They would often use it as a way of avoiding climbing Park Street. But I can't see this as a great use of £1mil.

GaryLake
    Free Member

*facepalm*

redthunder
    Free Member

FASF

bassspine
    Free Member

If they put a Trampe (like in Trondheim) on Marlborough Hill that would be usefull. But Park st is hardly a big hill.

Tracker1972
    Free Member

Don't know how old the figures are on the Trampe website but they seem to think about £1000 per meter to install. Guessing that was when it was first installed though, inflation may have taken its toll.

retro83
    Free Member

When i lived there we used a lift in the ncp carpark to facilitate easy passage to Diamond kebabs

Marge
    Free Member

It is not a completely mental idea – there is also one here in central Brussels..

Junkyard
    Free Member

Perhaps it might go some way towards changing the image of cycling in Bristol as something exclusively for the Lycra-clad super-fit.

Super fit to get up a 30 m hill FFS

as for the trampe imagine the fun trying to cycle the wrong way down it!

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Entry and exit doors could be on opposite sides so bikes would not need to be turned

Urm. Are these people soooo stupid that they haven't figured out that you can move a bike forwards and backwards really easily?

MrAgreeable

To be fair, Terry Wogan reckons Bristol's a bit hilly for cycling. Are you going against the word of the Togmeister?

donald
    Free Member

It'll smell of wee

MrAgreeable

A lift is stupid and would smell of wee, but that Trondheim thing looks cool as.

Let's get one, but put it from Hotwells to Clifton so you can uplift the Goldney Lane steps.

FASF

Fast Acronym Search Filter?

Edit: Donald, uncanny! It is true though. Public lifts smell of wee.

SammyC
    Free Member

That would be sooo top Ant, urban DH with uplift! 😀

MrAgreeable

You could have a good urban DH race: start up by the Camera Obscura, down past the Avon Gorge Hotel, hang a left down the steps, road gap over Hotwells, and then when you finish you have to chug a pint of cider at the Mardyke. 🙂

D0NK

!

Speechless.

thread title says it all.

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

Its an interesting idea, it'll never happen and I doubt its usefulness in that location, but its an interesting idea.

redthunder
    Free Member

FASF = Funny as F***

crazy-legs

In Barcelona there are outdoors escalators up the very steep hill to the Gaudi Park.
    Can't believe the stuff on the comments page of that story though. Same old rubbish every time – I pay road tax so the roads are mine, all cyclists jump lights/ride on pavements/mug old grannies, congestion is the fault of everyone except me.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Lazy Sod.’ is closed to new replies.