Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Lazerjetrackworld problem – geeks to the forum!
  • badgerbater
    Free Member

The better half is tearing her hair out, having wasted this afternoon trying to resolve a “unauthorised supply” message. She’s brought refill toner cartridges from Inks Direct and having loaded these and followed their own instructions which included resetting the printer default settings. But still no joy! The printer is a HP Colour Laser Jet Pro M252n. It appears that HP do not want us to use anything but their own cartridges, despite Inks Direct infurring otherwise. I’m hoping someone will have a solution otherwise these will be going back and HP products purchased at great expense! Many thanks in advance…

cp

HP did a firmware update back in February timeish last year which had a ticking time bomb release of a feature which prevented third party ink working. The thought I’d they didn’t want people to associate the update with no longer accepting third party ink.

Think it was primarily inkjet but could have been laser aswell.

badgerbater
    Free Member

If firmware is the problem, would it be possible to revert to an earlier version and how would this be done? Thanks.

cp

no idea! Doubt it unfortunately – few things allow you to roll back firmware these days 🙁

badgerbater
    Free Member

Sounds like you’ve hit the spot! Apparently HP released a firmware version earlier in 2016 which blocked third party inks from being used. There was an understandable upraw from users, with the BBC getting involved. Although no apology given, HP later released a firmware version in October 2016 which unblocks third party inks. I’ve yet to download this firmware, but fingers crossed, this will be the solution! Many thanks in advance!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Lazerjetrackworld problem – geeks to the forum!’ is closed to new replies.