Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • laytex gloves under gloves
  • nunuboogie
    Free Member

Will laytex gloves under my cycling gloves keep my hands warm on my short commute home?

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

They'll just fill with sweat. and offer no thermal insulative properties.

I have waterproof gloves that are very thick and bulkky, so I only use them if it is below zero.

Otherwise 'windstopper' gloves with silk liners keep my hands toasty warm, even if they are wet through.

KINGTUT
    Free Member

Eczema central.

nunuboogie
    Free Member

bad idea then? do have silk liners and they are great, but i forgot them today. Doh!

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

laytex rubber will take on the same temperature as the surface it touches so they'll do nowt except make you get horribly sweaty hands.

wwaswas

two pairs of latex gloves with loo roll in between might give some insulation?

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

If you have XL glovesd handy, you can stuff them with buuble wrap and wear them over the top of your normal gloves. If you just wear them over the top of your normal gloves it'll just crush the air out and still be cold.

I think thats an excellent idea, you should do that. It will be kooky and original.

nunuboogie
    Free Member

wwaswas mmmmmmmm may be worth a giggle!

IamSam
    Free Member

Kel,

that's just weird…… silk gloves though then your in a whole new world.

Seriously though get some silk glove liners they really do the trick used them in Finland there great. I got mine from Decathlon pretty sure you can get them on line though from backpacking light

ATB

Sam

KINGTUT
    Free Member

Silk glove liners work very well.

nunuboogie
    Free Member

cheers Sam will order some more 🙂

james
    Free Member

"If you have XL glovesd handy, you can stuff them with buuble wrap and wear them over the top of your normal gloves"

What if you have XXL sized hands? (or rather XXL size gloves are the only ones that fit)

I know someone who rides with them if its rainy, as a make-do waterproof glove. No idea how sweaty they are though

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘laytex gloves under gloves’ is closed to new replies.