Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Layback advice
  • evh22
    Free Member

More advice needed from the wealth of stw!

I bought a ks from the net. i ordered a dropzone because my saddle has 20mm layback (based on the bikes spec). They’ve sent me a supernatural which has no layback.

How do i go about working out whether it can be suitably fitted or whether i need to exchange it? I didn’t even understand the concept of layback before i bought one 😳

thomthumb
    Free Member

saddle has 20mm layback

i’m not sure what that means. was the original seatpost a layback? (most are)

evh22
    Free Member

yes, sorry seatpost

thomthumb
    Free Member

your seat will be 20mm further forward.

obviosuly it can be adjusted back and forth, if it was already back then thats an issue. if it was all the way forward then your better off with an inline.

personally i run layback with my seat as far back as possible – but thats weird.

Ideally you want to clap the saddle rails in the middle, as it gives you adjustment and less leverage to break the saddle/ post. also looks ‘neater’

evh22
    Free Member

i hadn’t adjusted it at all since buying it. i suppose i need to see whether it will limit adjustments in the future. i get back pain going up hill and had been thinking about playing about with it. I don’t have the bike here but i have a dropbox pic of it it actually looks like it is already (with 20mm layback) at the back of the rails (ie. as far forward as possible)

Humm, just want to get it out the box and play!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Layback advice’ is closed to new replies.