Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Lawnmower recommendations
  • jamesgarbett
    Free Member

Something light and easy to store – lawn is tiny

I’m thinking a small Flymo?

Anything better?

wwaswas

I’ve been very impressed with the Bosch we have now.

z1ppy

I’ve a Boach electric jobby that cost £80 and has lasted 5 years now, for our small lawn. I regularly use it to cut an elderly friends huge lawn, that cut irregularly (I go see him maybe every 6 wks). Bloody great tool really, much better and longer lasting than I expected.

drlex
    Free Member

Bosch ones are good- colleague really happy with his.

Bloody great tool really, much better and longer lasting than I expected.

Which one of your elderly friends are you referring to?

ski
    Free Member

The Bosch also cut very close to the edge of the mower, great for tight spots, its also very light and as others mentioned it a great mower for the price.

Screwfix have them starting for £80

http://www.screwfix.com/p/bosch-rotak-32-1200w-32cm-rotary-electric-lawn-mower-240v/50202?kpid=50202&cm_mmc=Google-_-Product%20Listing%20Ads-_-Sales%20Tracking-_-sales%20tracking%20url%20&gclid=CJ2CiejG97YCFXMRtAodKGwA7A

I use Honda’s at work, but a Bosch on my garden, going from one to the other makes you realize how heavy the Honda’s are 😉

hmanchester
    Free Member

+1 for the Bosch

My one cuts the grass better than the old massive petrol one I had. Feels like a toy though because it’s so light. Once you get over that you realise it does the job bloody well and puts up with all sorts of abuse.

I think along with Microsoft Security Essentials, these should go on the STW approved products list.

craigxxl
    Free Member

Having got a Flymo I would recommend Bosch. Not because it cuts any better but because for a machine that is only 5 year old I can’t get a replacement blade without paying well over the odds.

Bimbler
    Free Member

If it’s tiny then a push mower

z1ppy

drlex, that statement could easily refer to the mow or him 😀
    Only found out last year he actually taught a friend (or more truthfully her brother, though she attended the same school) & was a legend at said school.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Lawnmower recommendations’ is closed to new replies.