• This topic has 8 replies, 8 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by Alex.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Lavatrax – Tenerife
  • julians
    Free Member

Just got back from 4 days riding with Lavatrax in Tenerife, so thought I’d put a mini review up in case anyone fancies it.

We booked 4 days guided riding with Darran, we took our own bikes, but he can hire you a decent bike (kingdom bikes) if you need one. All the rides started with being picked up from the hotel in the lavatrax van at about 9am, and being taken up the mountain to between 6000-7000 feet, then its either a short climb (max 1500 feet) before you start to descend, or just straight into the descent. The trails are a mix of old rights of way and man made trails, generally very rocky and loose, steep in places, a mix of fairly technical to very technical . There are a few man made jumps , drops and wooden structures on a few trails, nothing huge, but all have chicken runs.

Most rides consisted of about 3 hours descending interspersed with breaks for a rest, fix punctures (Take plenty of tubes or put up with higher tyre pressure than you might prefer),or check out the view. We were generally finished by 3-4pm .

It was 4 days of tough riding, feeling quite tired by the end of it.

Would definitely recommend it , excellent value, excellent guiding, excellent trails.

Photos are on the lavatrax facebook timeline page (cant link as facebook is blocked at work)

julians
    Free Member

photos on the link below

lavatrax facebook

MoreCashThanDash

Sorry, I read that as “Laxative-Tenerife”.

Made me read the thread though.

fieldy
    Free Member

Daz came on a local ride with us the day before he set off back to Tenerife…He’s a sound guy and the Kingdom bikes look like a good piece of kit, if you don’t fancy taking your own.

just need to get my @rse in gear and book a holiday there 🙂

Potdog
    Free Member

Thanks for the mini review Julian. Glad you enjoyed the riding. Was my first week back at it after a long summer in the UK, so it was good for me to feel the lava under my tyres again too.

jamesy01
    Free Member

Think I read something about an increase in seismic activity on Tenerife…with that shake things up trail wise?

billysewartcrf
    Free Member

I rode with them about 4/5 years ago, great riding and genuine bloke. Sent a few mates his way and they’ve all enjoyed their Lavatrax experience!

hp_source

Another thumbs up from me, ridden with Lavatrax/Darran a couple of times in the past. Well recommended.

Alex

Yep rode with Darran in 2012. Really enjoyed it. Excellent set up he has there. I really must go again!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Lavatrax – Tenerife’ is closed to new replies.