Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Lavatrax or Ciclomontana
  • nsbikescore1
    Free Member

Anyone been with both companies? Which should I choose and why? Cheers all!

Bolt

Got back from ciclo yesterday, great week again (been 5 times before), dont know how they do it for the money!!

Bolt

Candodavid
    Free Member

Was due to be with CicloMontana in 2 weeks time, had to cancel due to Mrs C poor health, put my week back till I can make the time, great people, always feels like your staying with your mates, very welcoming

nsbikescore1
    Free Member

thanks for the responses so far. can you give me an idea of what the riding is like, ie distances per day, much climbing etc?

Thrustyjust
    Free Member

Want to go in end September and only 2 spots left, with 3 off us with Ciclo. We are going to get better organised for Ciclo again next year now, as always busy !!
    As for rides, its all flat other than the climbs. Watch out for the special week for the Swedish Ladies Netball Team. I keep missing them by a week.
    Cando, when are heading out next, as going with Marky Mark and Bryan and maybe Barry if he gets a new knee working in time !!

singlespeedstu

Can I just say that we were the best group Marko had had there that week.

Stu_N

Ciclo FTW. Had five or six years running then ruined my knee and haven’t been back since. Always after the week after the Swedish Girls too.

Next year I’m doing their brand of “it’s all cross county really”. You pedal up a bit but it’s always worth it. Plus Jackie’s food, the catch up on the gossip and dinner at the piano bar

Thrustyjust
    Free Member

Just want another week of boot camp soon……….. 🙁

The bars only round the corner ………

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Had a week at ciclo at Easter, echo everyone above thoughts. Like staying with friends, in a beautiful area, awesome trails, great food and cheap as buggery.

As said above, I haven’t a clue how they do it for the money.

Edit – to answer your question, we averaged 30k a day, with around 700-1000m climbing a day. You do climb a bit, frinstance – first day we climbed 700m to get to morning coffee!. 😯

ART

Er no we were the best group they had there that week 😉 …! Ciclo is truly fab. Looking forward the Morocco version in Nov.

neilthewheel

Lavatrax or Ciclomontana

i would have thought that depends on whether you are constipated or looking for something binding?

skydragon
    Free Member

+1 Ciclo

It just isn’t possible to get any better 😉

Can’t wait to go back

Rubber_Buccaneer

Going out to Ciclo on the 16th so can report back the following week if I survive.

Gary_C

Been with Ciclo four times in the past five years, the whole set up from Mark & Jackie being the perfect hosts, the location, Mark’s second to none guiding on brilliant trails imho cannot be bettered.

I don’t know how they do it for the money. 😀

Candodavid
    Free Member

Best value for money foreign guided riding in Europe.
    You won’t be disappointed

carlos
    Free Member

Only been with Ciclo Montana. Visited them in Alpajurras, Spain in June 14. Fantastic riding, guiding, trails, hospitality, cheap beer, great food, very well organised, nothing’s a problem, kinda like going and visiting friends who just happen to own and run the place.

Got back late last month from the Moroccan trip they do. Again it was amazing, very relaxed, great riding, awesome views, fantastic hospitality, very well organised. We all absolutely loved it.

Not got and videos from Morocco yet but this was a bit of an edit from last years trip, can’t get it to show as a video though hence the link.

Both trips are excellent value for money IMO. Would I go again?? Hell yeah!!! Even though we just missed out on the same week as the Sweedish Cheerleaders Troupe.

carlos
    Free Member

Kuco

Been with Ciclo and it was great.

Kahurangi

Carlos – I’ll watch your videos when I’m back in the land of WiFi and fast Internet but I’m keen on hearing more about their Morocco trip.

I’ve been to the Alpujaras and dame area with Switch-Backs and I’m really keen to go back. My Mrs is really keen to go do some proper tech mtb I have Morocco.

It sounds like Ciclo could be the perfect equation?

nsbikescore1
    Free Member

Hello all! Just resurrecting my thread to see if anyone has any comments on lavatrax?

rickmeister

I doubt Lavatrax have access to a Dave Froy and his bike deals….

Thrustyjust
    Free Member

Daves not there now, as living in Wiltshire, remarried and into ballroom dancing. But he still likes a chat and a ‘deal’

nsbikescore1
    Free Member

So do I take my mega or scout to ciclo??

Rubber_Buccaneer

Well I’m back from my week with Ciclo Montana and have to recommend them. All the above is true, they are great hosts with a wealth of fantastic trails all around. The only problem was the riding is a little above my skill level so I am covered in cuts and bruises courtesy of my incompetence 🙂 I need to gain some skills for when I go back….

mega or scout

Whatever you prefer, both would be great. More travel is nice for all the rockiness I’d say.

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Lavatrax or Ciclomontana’ is closed to new replies.