Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Laurent Fignon
  • Pigface
    Free Member

Very sad to see he hs passed away, first pro cyclist I noticed. Just read an obituary and he sounds like a right character.

Sorry if this has been done before.

anagallis_arvensis

yeah, very sad. Its also sad for cycling that my second thought whenever something like this happens is "I wonder why"

cynic-al
    Free Member

Cancer was it not?

Pigface
    Free Member

Yes it was cancer.

DirtyLyle
    Free Member

His biog recently came out, it's definitely worth reading.
    I used to hate him when I was a kid ('cos he wasn't Greg Lemond), but really came to appreciate him and his achievements in the past few years. My missus was in France for a lot of the Tour this year, and apparently his commentary was fantastic.
    Really sad.

cynic-al
    Free Member

To be fair AA one does seeem to notice ex pros dropping early.

clubber
    Free Member

Fignon admitted to having doped, as did most of the other riders at the time and was quite open in saying that he simply didn't know whether it was a contributary cause of the cancer. That said, cancer at 50 isn't that rare.

Very sad though.

warton
    Free Member

To be fair AA one does seeem to notice ex pros dropping early.

Its said a grand tour takes a year of your life. do two a year for 7 years and there's 14 years off your life expectancy.

stever
    Free Member

Loved him. Fignon's 8 second loss to Lemond seemed to mark the Tour's transition from the passionate era to that of the domination by analysts like Indurain and Armstrong.

Starrman28
    Free Member

Real sad, top rider. dead at 50 ain't, no age to die. 🙁

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Laurent Fignon’ is closed to new replies.