Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • laughing gas canisters littering the streets
  • Garry_Lager

Anyone noticed a load of squashed gas canisters lying around the streets lately? See them all over S Manchester – bit smaller than a CO2 charge you might use to inflate a tyre.

Is it the kids huffing nitrous oxide? Or something else?

scaled
    Free Member

irresponsible roadies pumping up tyres?

shermer75
    Free Member

Yep, seen one or two in London

Drac

Could be electric cigarette cartridges as remember dropping smoking items isn’t littering.

allthepies
    Free Member

Think Drac has it.

MSP

I don’t think e-cig cartridges are disposable. The ones I have seen are refillable.

Bregante

I’ve noticed these littering my local running trails recently

Drac

I don’t think e-cig cartridges are disposable. The ones I have seen are refillable.

What do they fill them with?

bokonon
    Free Member

lots of people putting whipped cream on their coffee?

MSP

What do they fill them with?

A liquid containing nicotine

http://www.totallywicked-eliquid.co.uk/products/e-liquid-products.html

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

It always looks a bit amusingly sus to me when you see people taking a drag of their e-cig and then putting it back in their pocket, reminds of times trying to smoke a fly reefer in the street and you spot the polis round the corner. 😆

scaled
    Free Member

It always looks a bit amusingly sus to me when you see people taking a drag of their e-cig and then putting it back in their pocket, reminds of times trying to smoke a fly reefer in the street and you spot the polis round the corner.

You know they might be doing that again soon – Seems that some clever souls have found a way to get BHO/Shatter in to e-liquids 😉

Drac

A liquid containing nicotine

But some use cartridges, which is why I suggested it may be them.

shermer75
    Free Member

What’s BHO/Shatter?

D0NK

Noticed loads of cannisters in a pile by the canal near Dukes 92 after last weekend, presumed it was laughing gas/something else rather than a shit load of roadies getting punctures while riding the cobbles.
    Didn’t know about the cartridge e-cigs, sounds plausible.
    Cocks.

shermer75
    Free Member

I’m guessing laughing gas

hora
    Free Member

Wonder when we find out actually what the bad stuff is in e-cigs.

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

Wonder when we find out actually what the bad stuff is in e-cigs.

Try searching on google, I don’t think it’s a secret.

Lifer
    Free Member

‘Hippy Crack’ as no-one but the tabloids call it (can’t remember where that was from but it tickled me)

paulosoxo
    Free Member

Wow, that link of MSP’s tells you everything you need to know to start taking this stuff, including how to buy it. They even include a handy advertising leaflet for you!

hora
    Free Member

22% have tried Methadrone. SERIOUS!?

nealglover
    Free Member

Didn’t know about the cartridge e-cigs, sounds plausible.
    Cocks.

It sounds plausible if you don’t know anything about them yes.

If you did, you would realise its complete cobblers.

Nice to see some daily mail style misinformation and subsequent outrage on STW though.

sbob
    Free Member

surroundedbyhills – Member

polis

It’s “police” dear chap, just right click and check spelling if you’re unsure.

edlong
    Free Member

Remember kids, Cake Methadrone is a made up drug.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WwylBRucU7w[/video]

D0NK

Nice to see some daily mail style misinformation and subsequent outrage on STW though.

the “Cocks” comment was aimed at whoever littered the place with compressed gas canisters, someone on here said they use them in e-cigs, I know jack about e-cigs so took it as read. Lots of people using e-cigs lately, lots of people hanging around that area last weekend on the piss (loads of booze empties littering the place aswell but this thread isn’t about them) so as I said, from what I was told, seems a plausible scenario – more plausible than roadies or laughing gas at any rate (I’ve never seen laughing gas setups in UK).

Bit of googling doesn’t really tell me much, there’s some link to compressed gas/cannisters/cartridges and e-cigs but can’t find a definitive answer, compressed air might just be for cleaning them, presumably CO2 won’t be used in e-cigs but who knows, got a mention of butane carts(?) no idea what was originally in the carts I saw.

Drac

If you did, you would realise its complete cobblers.

Care to update us then?

peterfile
    Free Member

Nangs!

nealglover
    Free Member

Care to update us then?

I’ve been using e-cigs for over 5 years, in the very early days they were (sort of) disposable, but the bits were expensive so nobody actually disposed of them. You cleaned the plastic juice holder and refilled it.
    (And they didn’t look like gas canisters)

That was years ago though, virtually every type of e-cig now is designed to be refilled, and the atomisers last for a few weeks (and they don’t look like gas canisters either)

The carts pictured above are refillable (by removing the silicone cap) so it’s highly unlikely you would throw one away when it was empty, plus it’s a pretty dated version that not many would use anyway.

(And I’ve never used, or know of any reason to use compressed gas of any type in relation to e-cigs)

simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

No, almost certainly laughing gas. Saw a pile on the canal towpath the other day and another pike in the alley at the side of a pub. Masses of it at Glastonbury. Seems to be mainly a teenagers thing.

Drac

So yes they use cartridges but most people now use the rechargeable ones, so it may not but those?

Well that was a clearer answer cheers. I’ve no idea what they are but certainly not had a case at work of anyone taking N2O.

Mister-P
    Free Member

It will be kids on NOS if it’s a pile of cartridges. I went to a couple of festivals last summer and the stuff was everywhere. You couldn’t walk more than a few metres without spotting a little silver cartridge. I have no problem with people sucking on NOS but littering really winds me up.

PiknMix
    Free Member

What’s BHO/Shatter?

Butane honey oil. Seriously pokey stuff.

simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

I have no problem with people sucking on NOS but littering really winds me up.

Indeed.

Telegraph article from last year which claims the second most popular drug after dope

Strangely the Guardian/Mixmag/Global Drug Survey didn’t seem to ask about it

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

The types of e-cigs with disposable bits are the ones most newsagents sell eg nicolites – the cartridges are “disposable”, look like and are about the size of a cigarette butt. OP’s description didn’t sound like those – unless the things he’s been seeing are way smaller than CO2 carts.

iamroughrider
    Free Member

edit

Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)

The topic ‘laughing gas canisters littering the streets’ is closed to new replies.