• This topic has 4 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by Chew.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Laugh at/assist my TdF travel plans for Leeds, please.
  • midlifecrashes

Still undecided as the best way, but my current plan is to stick a bike in the car, drive to a point on the south side of Leeds. Ride to the Headrow area, or as close as practicable, see the off. Back on bike, up to Harrogate, find a spot on the last few miles run in. Watch that, bike back to car.

So, the questions:

A good spot to leave the car for the day?
    Best bike route Leeds to Harrogate?
    Suggested spot to watch in Harrogate area?

ton

outside my house, 4 miles south of leeds.

midlifecrashes

Awesome, ton. Will email you. Assuming there’s a car route up from Donny that won’t get clogged up with tour traffic Saturday morning early doors.

craigxxl
    Free Member

If you’re not parking up at Tons then Elland Road has a park and ride. 10 minutes on the bike and your on the Headrow.
    A61 is your most direct route into Harrogate or a slightly longer route go through Otley and Pool in Wharfdale for a less busy route.
    I think A59 Blubberhouses is the last climb before the finish

Chew
    Free Member

Parking at Ton’s is probably the best option.

Normally i’ve advise avoiding the A61 at all costs, but i’m assuming it will be mostly closed and there will be loads of other people with the same idea, so you’ll be able to tag on with others.

If you’re on your own i’d just pick a spot thats free. Anywhere good to watch from (like the finish line) will be several people deep and you wont fancy waiting in the same spot all day.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Laugh at/assist my TdF travel plans for Leeds, please.’ is closed to new replies.