Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Lauf Fork Demo's?
  • rideforlife2
    Free Member

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone knows a place that offers a demo set of the Laufs forks. Heard some good stuff about them and would like to test them out. Aware they do their 4 week test but don’t want to be messing about with sending stuff around plus would prefer to go through the lbs.

Cheers

JohnClimber
    Free Member

If your near Lancashire/Merseyside you can have a go on mine either Fat Carbonara or 29er Trail Racer.

rideforlife2
    Free Member

Thanks very much for the offer, should’ve mentioned I’m Reading/London area. How are you finding them?

JohnClimber
    Free Member

I love then and have a pair of Lauf Grit coming for my new CX bike.

They really do “absorb the ride” taking out the trail buzz, stopping hand numbness and with no real weight penalty.
    Plus others hate their looks which I love 😉

If you’re over Essex way any time contact Michael of Travers Bikes as he can put you in touch with a few down that way

traversbikes
    Free Member

I (Travers Bikes) have some of the forks now for photo-shoot on my new frames. The production version will ship in August.

notmyrealname
    Free Member

I love then and have a pair of Lauf Grit coming for my new CX bike.

They really do “absorb the ride” taking out the trail buzz, stopping hand numbness and with no real weight penalty.
    Plus others hate their looks which I love

The Lauf Grit forks look like they could be perfect for most gravel/cx bikes. Just enough travel to make a difference but without the extra weight of suspension forks. I may have to start working some extra overtime between now and August to get a set!

There’s something about the looks of the Lauf forks, I think they look blooming awful on MTB’s but for some reason I think they look really good on the CX bikes on the Lauf site.

ScottChegg
    Free Member

I like the look of the Carbonara; very interested in trying one on my Fatboy.

But my eye has also been caught by the Fatlab upside down fork; has any one seen one in the flesh?

mtbmatt
    Free Member

I have a set, but only use them very occasionally.
    Depending what your terrain is they are either totally unsuitable or absolutely brilliant.

I think the Grit forks is probably where the technology is best suited. For MTB’s they can’t really handle “normal” mountain biking… not if you want to go as fast downhill. For less technical terrain they do a good job and for for smaller bumps, or road corrugations they can’t be beaten.

Feel weird when climbing at first, but you do get used to that.

swanny853

Head for the hills in Dorking had a bike with them fitted when i was in there a few weeks back

rickmeister

The fat lab fork looks remarkably like one marketed by Carver, also known as The Fork Of Many Names as a lot of places were putting their own stickers and branding on it. It’s made by a company called Saso and fitted to those dh scooters folk hire at the top of some gondolas.

I had one, very stiff and worked well. Lockout and damping…. I sold it saving 1.5kg and went rigid again as my riding area is pretty smooth.

rickmeister

Damn, missed the edit window….

Tested: the FatLab Upside Down Suspension Fork

At the price, I would go for a lauf or lefty conversion.

Jason
    Free Member

I am pretty sure Mountain Trax had a demo set last year. Worth giving them a call if you haven’t already.

slowboydickie

I think head for the hills in dorking have a demo set

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Lauf Fork Demo's?’ is closed to new replies.