Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Latest student demos
  • mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

So, walkouts are taking place at universities and colleges in Manchester, Liverpool, Sheffield, Bristol, Southampton, Oxford, Cambridge, Leeds, Newcastle, Bournemouth, Cardiff, Glasgow and Edinburgh.

Seeing as students rarely actually attend lectures, preferring instead to get drunk down the student union or sleep, will any of this be noticed by the ‘man’?

jon1973
    Free Member

It certainly won’t be like the winter of discontent with rubbish bags stacked up on the street for weeks on end.

You may notice a surge of media studies graduates in a few years time who skipped a few lectures on “how to watch a DVD” during the protest, missing out on some interesting career opportunities because of gaps in their education.

finbar
    Free Member

I hope all the students skive offboycott the lecture i’m giving on Friday.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Last time I was at a uni (two weeks ago) they may as well had been outside on a demo for all the interest they took in what I had to say.

GaryLake
    Free Member

Urgh, causing a racket on the street right down below our office.

I have a lot of issues surrounding cuts to education and stuff but acting like a bunch of spoilt 15 year olds won’t achieve anything and hardly endears anyone to the cause.

Oh great, now the police are here, more noise!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Latest student demos’ is closed to new replies.