Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • latest Shimano Saint PD-MX80 pedals
  • widge34
    Free Member

Thinking of buying a pair. Anyone using them. Any good?

colin27
    Free Member

Typical Shimano – really good. Nice thin platform, plenty of pins, good grip, bearings seem well sealed and based on previous Shimano pedals I’d say they will last forever. The pins can be made short or long with the supplied washers (a bit of a faff to change but not difficult, about 20 mins a pair). All in all, for £60 I don’t think there is much better imo.

fakesounding
    Free Member

Funnily enough, just ordered a pair today. Evans has them for £45 delivered!

widge34
    Free Member

Yeah Tweeks have them for £45 as well

widge34
    Free Member

Taken the plunge and bought a pair from tweeks.

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

ribble had em for £37 but I prevaricated too long 🙄

theroadwarrior
    Free Member

Typical Shimano – really good. Nice thin platform, plenty of pins, good grip, bearings seem well sealed and based on previous Shimano pedals I’d say they will last forever. The pins can be made short or long with the supplied washers (a bit of a faff to change but not difficult, about 20 mins a pair). All in all, for £60 I don’t think there is much better imo.

^
    This. Except I got mine from Ribble for £37 (Sorry crashtestmonkey!) so even more of a bargain.

They’re a lot like the MX30s I had before except feel nicer to use (Shape of the platform I guess) and are a little thinner which is always a blessing on modern low FS bikes.

rocketman
    Free Member

Was looking at some in the lbs the other day they look ace

Shimano seriously need to make a SPD version

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘latest Shimano Saint PD-MX80 pedals’ is closed to new replies.