Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Latest project. From this… to this.. your thoughts?
  • sheppie_hill
    Free Member

I fancied a 6 inch travel bike so picked up a reign second hand. When I picked it up and stripped it down it was in a real state, all of the bearings and BB shot, drivetrain caked etc etc.

Anyway, some cash, some effort and some time later I have this:

I am really pleased with the way it looks… way more than my riding can deal it but hey.

Steve

coffeeking
    Free Member

OOOoohh I LIKE that!

PJ266
    Free Member

Impressive! good work.

Pook

sweep your patio.

MrSparkle

Looked better before.

Nah, only joking. Nice work, fella.

J0N
    Free Member

Put the seatpost down a bit FGS. 😉
    Very nice!

stugus
    Free Member

very striking, I like it!

grumm
    Free Member

It looks nice now, although your concept of ‘in a real state’ would seem to be a bit different to mine.

fatboyslim
    Free Member

Nice looking bike, but after a few rides, white seat, white handlebar grips, won’t be that white!

Post another photo in a few weeks after a few rides so we can see if the white thing was such a clever idea?

jackthedog
    Free Member

That looks bloody awesome.

chakaping
    Free Member

Nice work.

What did you spend/change?

glenh
    Free Member

Nice work sorting the patio out. As for the bike….

Smee
    Free Member

The seat clamp spoils it a wee bit for me, but the rest is good.

D0NK

Looks good, are those z1 anniversarys with a new paint job n decals?

sheppie_hill
    Free Member

Changed:

Forks, wheels, tyres, saddle, grips, BB, bearings, gear inners and outers, cassette and chain. Changed to a bash ring and obviously a trip to the powder coaters and some decals.

I bought the bike based on the original pictures shown there but they hide a multitude of problems. It looked and felt like a real dog when I got my hands on it. The forks were shot (the bolt thru clamp had been overtightened and sheared the lowers) the BB and all of the bearings were gone. The cassette, chain, crankset and jockey wheels etc were so packed full of gunk that it would not come apart even after all bolts removed etc. The front rotor had been rubbing on the fork mount so the centre got a respray too.

Total spend: £715

As for longevity of the white finish… who cares. That is why you take a picture when the build is finished. Memories.

Tracey

Looks nice

Did the same with Abigales, got the frame cheep and built it up from bits in the garage, she ran it for 18 months before it was pimped for her

From this

to this

Like the white rockers

White bits are still white after six months of constant use

Tracey

sheppie_hill
    Free Member

D0NK – they are 2006 Z1 ETA/RC2 things. Which, as I found out after buying them have indeed been re-finished.

sheppie_hill
    Free Member

Very nice Tracey.

I almost went with bright green but chickened out (thinking about on sale value)

nuke

Not sure about the monochrome look myself but nice work. You’re getting good at this as iirc you refurbed that cheap frame into the epic Pub-Bike! 😀

sheppie_hill
    Free Member

Nuke – that was me yes. That was my second attempt after this:

DezB
    Free Member

A Killer V!?

BigDummy
    Free Member

Now that I really like!

nuke

Loving the Cannondale!

mamadirt
    Free Member

Wow – looks great . . . loving the Cannondale too.

As for white bits staying white . . . I use Swarfega orange on my white seat – works a treat.

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Latest project. From this… to this.. your thoughts?’ is closed to new replies.