Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Later-life retro-crisis/gear-shifter puzzle
  • Malvern Rider
    Free Member

Currently without MTB so had stupid idea to re-visit my youth by buying retro MTB/ATB identical to the first one wot I had. Think of it like my lumpen prole version of you STWers re-buying their first GTi or Zaskar LE. 😉

Anyway back in the before the blues I loved that pile of steel so much I couldn’t stay off it. It opened up avenues to mountains, back lanes to pubs, towpaths to late night Chinese takeouts. Now, I know it’s never a good idea to revisit but you know how it can be. So I found that bike on an auction site. £35! How much would you pay for bringing some of your best memories back to life? In 4D, right Back to The Now? £35??? (shakes head in disbelief). FFS some people pay thousands for the same effect, whether a car or a hair-piece. Am feeling potentially very lucky indeed.

Looking at it I assumed it was missing shifters/gears. But it’s listed as having ’21 speed shifters’. Then I see gear cables. Then i see this

It takes a little while before I see the sneaky **** roadie lever, and then the penny drops. 😯 Sometimes you need to leave your comfort zone, there’s a whole world out there.

So how would you buy back your best days?

joshvegas
    Free Member

Toptube shifters?

Sweet as

bodgy
    Free Member

Buy back my best days?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Later-life retro-crisis/gear-shifter puzzle’ is closed to new replies.