Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • late to the party – games consoles
  • john_drummer
    Free Member

ok, I’ve never really bothered with games consoles. not since the days of the Sega Master System and Mega Drive. don’t laugh. I could never get past the desert level on Sonic The Hedgehog 2 so that kind of gave it the kiss of death for me

idly browsing in Tesco (yes, I know other stores are available but Tesco is just about the only place I can buy empty CD Jewel Cases. and yes, I do still use CDs. how else am I supposed to play my downloaded music in a 2006 Citroen C4?) I noticed XBox 360 is about £130 while XBox One is about 3 times that. Same for PS3 & PS4.

in a nutshell, should I get an XBox 360? why should I pay 3-4x more for XBox One or PS3/4. And what does PS4 have over PS3?

concise answers on a postage stamp please. ta 🙂

francob80
    Free Member

So in a nutshell Xbox 360 and PS3 are obviously the older models, perhaps 7-8 years now so in my opinion it makes sense to invest in a next gen console like the Xbox One or PS4, it is mostly where the game developers will be focusing on in the future. They have better CPU/GPU, graphics card, storage and generally speaking more potential for the next 5 years or so. Now PS4 vs Xbox One is a different matter, pros and cons for both the most common opinion is PS4 for gaming and Xbox One for multimedia.

I’ve had a 360 and loved it, I purchased the Xbox One on launch and sold it two months later, I felt let down to be honest so as soon as I have bought the rest of my bike kit ill be investing in a PS4.

There are lots of both on eBay so I wouldn’t worry too much about getting one new, I was looking yesterday and PS4’s tend to sell around the £250 mark. I hope that helps.

john_drummer
    Free Member

cheers franco. Xbox 360 kind of tempting, I know it’s old tech but there should be plenty of games out there?

francob80
    Free Member

Yes plenty of games for the 360, developers are probably still making games for the time being, I guess it depends how often you are going to play and if you have any mates you might want to hook up with and play online, for me the online element is what makes it, playing single player games isn’t as fun anymore.

anagallis_arvensis

I love the fact people “invest” in a PS4…. I may invest in some cheese tomorrow.

BiscuitPowered
    Free Member

I’d suggest getting a second hand 360, there’s nearly 10 years worth of truly awesome games for you to catch up on, and you can pick em up for pennies.

So the PS4/XB1 might have slightly flashier graphics, but if the last system you played was a Mega Drive, the 360 would be more than impressive enough to keep you happy anyway.

francob80
    Free Member

@anagallis_arvensis – You should “invest” in some Casu Marzu, would suit you perfectly.

samuri
    Free Member

XBOX 360 will be dead cheap and lots of fantastic games. That’d be great for years. If I’d not owned one for years, I’d do that now. There are loads of great driving games, FPS games, action, thrillers. You’ll find them for a fiver each at the local Game store. Bargain stuff.

I’ve bought a PS4 and so far am massively disappointed. There will be some good games for it I’m sure but they’re very slow to appear.

seosamh77
    Free Member

anagallis_arvensis – Member
    I love the fact people “invest” in a PS4…. I may invest in some cheese tomorrow.

haha! 😆

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘late to the party – games consoles’ is closed to new replies.