Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Late September/Early October Sun, Beach, Europe, nice hotel with toddler…
  • deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Yep, all you childless ones hoping for a bit of peace and quiet when the kids are back at school…we’re coming to get you! 😀

Nah, seriously… Camping en France is out as timings mean driving to south of France is a bit of a risk weather wise and might be a bit chilly in the evenings. We’re looking at Greek Islands at the moment…mrs deadly wants all inclusive…she thinks it’s ok now that a couple of friends 🙄 who one would least expect to go all incl. have booked at the Ocean Club (just not with Mark Warner…funny how the MW website insists on calling it Luz now rather than Praia de Luz). I did have a look out of (morbid) curiosity and that complex is bloody cheap at the moment. 🙂 I don’t want all incl. but can see the advantages and I’m just looking at it as just another principle that gets ditched now I have a child. 😐 I’m happy to compromise and give it a try, just once, and keep an open mind.

Any recommendations for anywhere a bit different with good weather that time of year? (I understand that late Sept/early Oct is a risk anywhere in Europe of course.)

jambalaya
    Free Member

Greece/Turkey – lots of clubs Mark Warner, Neilsen, Club Med etc we used to go to Club Med Palmiye in Turkey which was very nice. At that time of year you should still have good weather in Sicily and you might look at Tenerife or Fuerteventura. As you say weather is a risk, we went to Greece one year in Oct half term it was cold and staff where disinterested as it was the last week of the season.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Thanks jambalaya, I’ll have a look at some of those. I did have a look at Club Med…it’s going to be a little out of our budget sadly, as nice as some of their resorts look. We’re both self-employed so have to factor in not earning while we’re away into the cost of the holiday.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Oh, and if anyone can share a holiday website that doesn’t frustrate the shite out of me within ten minutes of searching, that would be most helpful too.

geoffj

We’ve had two weeks in Mallorca in mid October for the last couple of years and the weather has been great. But it can be hit and miss – although late September should be better.

If you go down the DIY route, Alpharooms is OK for accommodation.

I can give you more specifics if you need.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Yes please geoffers. 😀 drop me a shemale to deadlydarcy at that gmail dot com please.

mogrim

The Murcia area in Spain (Mar Menor, for example) should have pretty good weather at that time of year, and the sea will be nice and warm. Any further north and you’ll be risking it. Should be pretty cheap at that time of year, too. It’s not the most exciting part of Spain, but if you can hire a car Cartagena is worth a visit, as is Cabo de Gata.

alan-sierracycling
    Free Member

Costa Del Sol. Still sunny and warm then. Cheap flights into malaga then rent an apartment on the beach all via the internet.

boxelder

Puerto Pollensa on Majorca.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Late September/Early October Sun, Beach, Europe, nice hotel with toddler…’ is closed to new replies.