Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Late Payment Act
  • jonesyboy

Anyone got good knowledge of this – situation I have is:-

My Quotation stated 15 days nett, 40% deposit. Deposit was not forth coming but we spoke and I accepted the contract. Job complete, invoiced 30 days ago. I sent a reminder 3 days before due date, emailed twice after stating that I would be adding admin charges and interest if payment not received by end of week.

During this time I left 5 voicemails to discuss with client, who has now got all shirty and says that the late payment act can’t be enforced unless it’s a longer term than 30 days or the debt is older than 30 days.

Surely if my quotation was accepted with 15 days that’s how it sticks, at least that’s how the act reads to me. 15 day terms as work is design work, always expected on very short leadtimes.

wwaswas

tbh, if they know how the late payment act works then they’re probably used to working against it’s fringes when it comes to paying suppliers.

As it stands, you’ve done all the work and had no money. And the client is still refusung to pay? Shouts ‘cash flow issues’ to me.

I’d be looking at getting what I was owed as quickly as I could because you could be in a queue with a lot of other people.

[edit] don’t mean to spread fear and panic just tryign to understand why they’re refusing really.

Maybe ask ‘why?’ and see what he says? OTher than that get legal.

slowmart
    Free Member

Small claims court

https://www.gov.uk/make-court-claim-for-money/overview

This a last resort as once you go legal it usually means that the relationship has broken down.

Have you tried getting an agreed date for payment?

maccruiskeen

You should be able to find wording for reminders and interest calculators for late payment here:

https://payontime.co.uk

once the bill starts getting bigger, even if its in small increments, you tend to get action.

jonesyboy

Thanks guys – I’m pretty certain that is they accept my quote on 15 days that is the terms they have accepted and anything late is due a charge. They’ve paid a few other invoices and are just niggling about £210 of late payment charges. Should all be wrapped up next week, if not the SCC it is.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Late Payment Act’ is closed to new replies.