Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Late night riding at Swinley Forest?
  • keefus
    Free Member

As the title suggests, is there any particular day they close later than normal(dusk?)

gee
    Free Member

Don’t think so – but then I ride over rather than drive over.

theotherjonv

The car park closes 6pm this time of year, although once in you can get out at any time. Trails don’t close, just ride them. If out of hours you can usually use the coral reef cp, or myriad other laybys / residential areas just a short ride away.

deadkenny
    Free Member

As said, only thing that closes is the car park, which is run by the council. The rest of the forest (Crown Estate) is always open.

Laybys and side roads – be careful around The Lookout area. The layby right next to the start of the trails is a hot spot for giving people tickets. Though they tend to be there at busy periods. The road also has double yellows. Possibly why they ticket the layby though I’ve never been sure why they can do that as it’s off the road. Unless it’s blocking fire access or something like that.

Residential areas – keep it quiet at night.

Big area though and you can get in from any side.

orangewinger
    Free Member

I don’t think the barrier’s working at the moment so for the last few weeks you can still get in after 6pm. It’s a popular night ride spot so you’ll never feel lonely.

gren
    Free Member

Laybys and side roads – be careful around The Lookout area. The layby right next to the start of the trails is a hot spot for giving people tickets. Though they tend to be there at busy periods. The road also has double yellows. Possibly why they ticket the layby though I’ve never been sure why they can do that as it’s off the road. Unless it’s blocking fire access or something like that.

Have seen tickets being given out there as well. There is the fire access gate at the one closest the entrance so maybe that’s it.

Try parking nearer the south of the trails. Nearer the red stuff if that’s what floats your boat

theotherjonv

I’d recommend parking at the car park at the western end of the devils highway on the outskirts of crowthorne (just off the b3348) , then head dead east as far as the green gate on the boundary between crowthorne woods and swinley forest, which is where the seagull run starts (part of the red)

Alternatively, by muzzies kebab van just off the roundabout junction of the a3095 with the b3348, but it’s not so easy to describe how to get to the red trail from there (it’s easy to do, just not to describe from memory)

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Late night riding at Swinley Forest?’ is closed to new replies.