Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)
  • Last time you were really scared?
  • scaredypants

Fingers crossed for MrsMuppet – my mum’s in tomorrow too, for exploratory (but presumed minor) surgery

Last real scare I had was my 12r old daughter letting go and falling backwards off a tarzie onto hard, rooty ground about 10 feet down. Scary noise but unhurt in the end, daft cow 🙄

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

washed my car mats (and car) at the jet wash this aft. set off down the road with the engine screaming and me hammering on the brake pedal. Very scary moment braking for the red lights, the car gunning to carry on, with me also trying to pull the mat away from the accelerator peddle. Idiot 🙂

dan314
    Free Member

Crib Goch in 2009. Decided to climb Snowdon. At night. It wasn’t my idea to go that way (or at night for that matter) but it seemed like a good idea at the time. After the weather took a turn for the worse and us not being able to see where we were climbing we waited under a tarp until first light. It was only then I realised how high up we had climbed during the night. I don’t really like heights, and the rest of the scramble up and along the ridge was pretty terrifying. Character building though. I would probably do it again now, but not at night.

fourbanger
    Free Member

The Gap after a seriously heavy snow 3 year back. Got to the top, carrying bikes, wading through 4 foot of snowdrift with the sun looking like it was about to go out….

bullheart
    Free Member

Every day.

Every day, on the drive to work, I shake with fear about my cancer prognosis. Only for a while, and away from my wife and child. Then I put the fear in a box and get on with it as best I can.

Best of luck MW for today.

Rockhopper
    Free Member

The first time a Taliban rocket landed near me – actually that wasn’t so much scary as thought provoking in that it was the first time that someone had genuinely tried to kill me…..subsequent attacks just became annoying!

mW, TiRed & bullheart. I hope all turns out well, much love.

cfimba.

willard

I can’t remember the last time I got properly scared, maybe because I have a relatively safe life or never go anywhere dangerous. I don’t think I’m a fearless person because I really get worried about losing my wife, so it must be that.

MuppettWrangler, good luck. Be strong and take our best wishes with you.

Pigface
    Free Member

M w all the best for today.

When I was 17 I was in a big car crash and ended up in hospital for 4 months, the day after I was relaesed a mate came to pick me up in his car. I still my leg in plaster. Two miles up the road he loses it and we have a big off into a front garden. I couldnt speak I was so terrified how I didnt soil myself I dont know. Women comes out of the house screaming and raising all kinds of hell, I fall out of the car because my crutches sink into the grass. She comes over to see if I am alright and is so shocked that I already have a broken leg she starts having a go at me. I just start to laugh hystericaly. It was such a relief, havent been scared really since that moment.

keefus
    Free Member

October 29th 2011 seconds before blacking out with my second heart attack.

drookitmunter
    Free Member

Sunday evening, on Prospacker at Inners while trying to outrun a Terminator-like camera on a zipline after losing my pedals..

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QlbXW0NPbkc[/video]

missnotax
    Free Member

A few months ago, just before standing up at my Mums funeral to do a reading. Recently seperated and an only child I knew I was on my own. I so wanted to do her proud and do a very beautiful reading justice in front of all our friends and family. I did.

I have done lots of crazy and dangerous things in my time but I have never been so scared – without sounding too cheesy, it really is amazing what inner strangth we all have.

edlong
    Free Member

Best wishes Muppet (and Mrs Muppet of course)

Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)

The topic ‘Last time you were really scared?’ is closed to new replies.