Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 42 total)
  • last ride of the year
  • CheesybeanZ

Had a cracking ride in Forest of Dean today in possibly the worst mud and slop I’ve seen in a long time –
    involuntary mid corner drifting , mega slides and loads of sideways action – bloody brilliant . 😆

piemonster

A gentle couple of hours pootling around Rothiemurcus Forest with the GF.

A very good day.

Tracey

Just got back from a days riding at Glentress. Was snowing on the top. Long soak in the bath before tonights party.

scotroutes

51 km down to Glen Feshie and back including several detours due to flooding and some very wet feet from cycling through some. Showing a new fatbike owner some of the local trails.

Everything is horrendously muddy but the Nate magic did the trick.

A nice wee ride to wrap up the year!

stevemuzzy
    Free Member

A snowy and v wet comrie croft today on the shan but a great fun ride! Now for beer…

Dark-Side

I had a quick and very wet blast around Llandegla, loved it though as it was the first time on the trail bike since Nov 11th.

P-Jay
    Free Member

Took a lap of Cafall at Cwmcarn on Tuesday with a couple of my mates, it was soaking and slippery on roots and very dark in the woods and even though my plums we’re still aching from having the snip a few weeks ago and I somehow managed to pinch a muscle in my neck I loved it!

Wasn’t all good though, spoke to Darrell who runs the uplift, he’s thinking of calling it a day in the new year – can’t have been easy having BPW open up the road and with the Mojo closed till November at least and Pedalhound and Cafal likely to close for 2 years after that I think it’s broken him a bit 🙁

vickypea
    Free Member

We had a great ride round the Hayfield area on Tuesday, blue skies, sunshine and mud!

swavis

A wee spin round Glenlivet this morning did the trick, lovely hard frosty ground.

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

Three hours around Asara wine estate Stellenbosh single track, flow, swoop and a warm average temp 28 degrees max was 40 by the time we finished at 11:30. Great way to end the year on a high

Northwind

Forgot one of my lights so ended up doing a curtailed lap of glentress and offpistes, good fun but not really a standout.

roach

Nice shortish road ride around semi-sunny Port Talbot. Even managed to take in some sulphur infused fumes from the works, lovely! 😆

bubs

My chain snapped pulling out the bottom of my road….gutted. Still, there is always next year!

SaxonRider

With a seized bottom bracket on my mountain bike, it was a 90 minute loop on my road bike this morning. Just before the storm hit again.

A lovely ride, it was. 8)

fd3chris
    Free Member

Smashed off my 10sp xtr mech yesterday on a twig and wasnt going to go out again today (strop on) but I slapped on an old slx and spent an hour sliding up down and around in Woburn. I never realised it was the last ride of the year so I’m well glad I got out now!

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Nice 90min ride around Hankley, messing about on a few drops, finding a few cheeky diversions off the tank tracks and having a general blast. Best bit was climbing back up “Skyfall Drive” 😉 with wind behind me. Flew up it!!!

If only the downhill bits were longer it would be a great place to ride.

Still mincing the final drop on the descents from Kettlebury Hill on to the BW. Just need to hit it at speed once!

maloney19710776
    Free Member

I too did the FOD, drifting and sliding galore – twas ace.
    I may well stop down here over New Year period again.

lapierrelady

In the middle of the traditional New Years ride fest, so today was a mashed up dragons back. Day 3 sore ness but otherwise great!

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

1hr on the turbo whilst the kids slept 🙂

hammerite
    Free Member

80 min road ride with the OH, she led and I was surprised by her route choice!

dknwhy

20 mile road ride for me. First ride in over 3 weeks after having the snip. Felt great to be out again!

honeybadgerx

Mish mash of bits at glentress, bit chilly towards the end so two pieces of tiffin required at the café.

EDIT: top marks to the two FC chaps out clearing the trails of the wind fall, some areas won’t need much felling now!

Mister-P
    Free Member

Mine was a 20 mile commute at 19.4mph to finish off my Festive 500 with a total of 545km. Now the decision is do I go out tonight or stay in and start 2016 with a ride?

jam-bo

Bit of an explore round the nether reaches of Dartmoor. Waterproof socks seem to have developed a talent for letting water in and then keeping it in…

Basil

First ride today since May.
    Did about 6 miles.
    Count your blessings.

kimbers

Spent the day putting new fence panels up that the last few windy weeks had trashed!

Really wanted to get a ride in too !

grahamt1980

Missed the last ride of the year due to bloody illness. Not doing anything tonight either.
    Will be heading out sat and sunday though to try and make up for it

stever
    Free Member

25 miles and 2000′ on the lanes. Such a blessed relief after a month of illness 🙂

volksman
    Free Member

Went out to nant yr arian on tuesday for our last ride of the year . did the long one , not as wet as i thought it would be. very enjoyable it was too.

bigdaddy

A 4 hour and 62km epic north downs in the mud ride for me and a friend, really good fun until I ran out of fitness and struggled to get home! A good end of year ride for us… Happy new year all!

MoreCashThanDash

Tuesday night, took my lad (now 12 and nearly as tall as I am) out for his first attempt at night riding with my old Sub66 Grenade light.

Totally disoriented him riding tame bridleways he has ridden dozens of times in daylight.

No wildlife encounters save a steamed up Golf in a layby.

I crept over 4000 miles for the year, and he wanted to know when his new Inbred will be built up….

Bustaspoke
    Free Member

Turned out my last ride of the year was on the CX,Tuesday morning before work, in glorious sunshine.Proper muddy though..

jaffejoffer
    Free Member

Good little play in buckden and horncliffe woods, steered clear of the bog tops. One massive stack and a ripped open brand new flux jacket!

takisawa2

A few hours puddle dodging around Cannock.

url=https://flic.kr/p/CfQWAq][/url]Untitled by pten2106, on Flickr

tillydog
    Free Member

A blast along the beach on my fatty:

Just got home Before The Rains Came (again)

carlos
    Free Member

Finished the year with a 20 miler round Stanage, Hathersage and a few cheeky bits today, all bathed in the last ray of the sun for 2015.

Plenty of mud, roots, ruts and fun. Great way to finish the year IMO

Even managed to park in Hathersage for a cafe stop 🙂

Yak

A proper mucky 23miler around hindhead. Got some sun, everyone out there was cheery, some swampy ground, some still buff – all good for a last ride of the year. 🙂

molgrips
    Free Member

Day before yesterday, tried out a new long route, was a hell of a mess.

Trekster

Had some “admin” to do in town before collecting dad’s car. Sun was shining, set off on 10ml road trip. Stopped to take jacket off. Approx 1ml later at the top of the hill I was confronted/blasted by a hail shower !!!! Freckling painfull and soaked to the arris 🙄
    Commute at 5.30am to work looming….
    First day of new site policy ie leave bike at main entrance and walk to plant, 10-15mins 🙁

stayhigh

Had a nice 26 Road miles around the local lanes. Feeling good on the bike and motivated to ride more.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 42 total)

The topic ‘last ride of the year’ is closed to new replies.