Viewing 17 posts - 41 through 57 (of 57 total)
  • Last night's Walking Dead…
  • rumple
    Free Member

stupid vicar!! they have kept him alive for god knows how long. i really don’t like Eugene either, hopeless coward.

got a feeling things will kick of next week with the young lad telling the community about carol and the stolen guns…

TheLittlestHobo
    Free Member

Nope, carol is going to ‘rescue’ the lad from his evil dad. The gang are going to come to the conclusion that these people are not living in eutopia as they will eventually be consumed by the dead. The group will be forced to protect the community in a bit of a showdown and then realise that they are not able to settle and decide to move on.

The battle will remind the group of why they are so successful in surviving and that if they stay they will just be the group of mercenaries kept around to ensure safety for the real community.

Really enjoyed the last episode. Think there are some genuine people in the community but tbh they are just waiting to be consumed unless they can convince rick and co to protect them.

patriotpro
    Free Member

i really don’t like Eugene either, hopeless coward.

He saved the day when they were in the revolving doors and besides, he told you he was a coward!

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    toby1

Only caught up with this last night – the gore ratio was up last night for sure. My wife even had to turn away at the height of the Noah scene!

I’m pretty sure this walled community features in the last of the graphic novels, they all learn to get along just fine and all live happily ever after 😉

peterfile
    Free Member

I actually think he’s one of the more clever parts of the writing.

I’d often thought that surely not ALL of the physically weak would simply die out, ie only the best fighters would remain. In the same way that a baby can survive by being protected by others, surely the same is true for adults…but of course they’d need more of a reason to be protected.

Then along came Eugene and answered my question perfectly! I like the idea that there is someone surviving quite well in that world without lifting a finger. This weeks episode has ruined that for me slightly since he has MTFU.

rumple
    Free Member

i instantly clocked on that he was lying about knowing a cure, seriously clever mind as it gives him a reason to be protected.

Lifer
    Free Member

The architecture conversation is very pertinent

Pigface
    Free Member

Right time right place when he ran into Abraham and spun him the yarn, in contrast with Ricks gang driving past the hitchiker when he was begging them to stop. Then picking up his backpack on the way back after he had been eaten.

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

Given Terry Pratchett’s recent passing, it seems apt to liken Eugene to Rincewind, another unlikely survivor despite being a coward.

Not everyone will turn into an arse kicking machine, as a result of what they have been through. I am fairly sure I would still be assuming the foetal position and crying myself to sleep after many months.

Whereas some will relish in cracking skulls and busting rhymes:

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q9aM9Ch97U8[/video]

gogg
    Free Member

Just occurred to me, but there are so many times when you see them walking past one or two Zombies, easy to deactivate (well they are already dead) when the group have the advantage in numbers. Why aren’t they finishing off everyone they see, as they have a tendency to “herd” and that’s when things get really dangerous.

I’d be driving around playing “Kill ’em all” by Metallica and reducing the threat level….

miketually
    Free Member

Just occurred to me, but there are so many times when you see them walking past one or two Zombies, easy to deactivate (well they are already dead) when the group have the advantage in numbers. Why aren’t they finishing off everyone they see, as they have a tendency to “herd” and that’s when things get really dangerous.

The Zombie Deadliness Quotient varies so much, who can tell when they’re dangerous? Sometimes, you can calmly walk around with a hammer tapping them on the head, and sometimes one zombie will kill someone previously invulnerable super easily.

(Also, why have the survivors not armoured themselves?)

rumple
    Free Member

(Also, why have the survivors not armoured themselves?)

the scene where glen makes it out the of prison wearing riot gear makes it so obvious that it is affective, they aren’t great at gathering stuff.

i would be getting petrol from every other car i saw personally.

monkeychild
    Free Member

I want Negan to appear damnit!!!! Best psychotic bad guy you could ask for.

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Nearly time zombie addicts!

I reckon Rick goes ‘postal’. Again!

DT78
    Free Member

All you would need is a couple of fixed spiny blade type traps playing noise to cut the zombies up as they get close. To the camp. Save the bullets….

Good isn’t it

DPM

Just caught up with the season 5 finale – that was good!

monkeychild
    Free Member

Sunday’s finale ended a bit meh for me. Hopefully it should all kick off in the next season.

Viewing 17 posts - 41 through 57 (of 57 total)

The topic ‘Last night's Walking Dead…’ is closed to new replies.