Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Last night's ladybower ride – excellent
  • Pook

Nipped straight out after work last night above Ladybower, and what a perfect night for riding it was. There were a few others gearing up in the layby too so hopefully you all had a good ride.
    I just trundled up on to Whinstone Lee Tor and sat enjoying the sun and a flapjack. Despite the midges and the millions of flying ants crawling around, it was a perfect evening for it. After a while I dropped back down round the res to the car where, as i was packing, a tornado came screaming down the valley and dropped over the dam. Nice little sight to round of a perfect ride.

A few questions:
    – if there's a handwritten note on a gate saying "Shooting on this moor today", is that just a caution or a no entry?
    – who keeps straightlining the corners on the path from Derwent Edge to Ladybower? It used to be nice and twisty but now it's like the M1!
    – why is it ok for some motobikers to come Moto GPing it past the layby??

thepodge
    Free Member

Snake pass is a private race track for motorbikes on some peoples minds so they think they can tear round at silly speeds. I've always found it has too many slow cars on it to be any fun at all.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘Last night's ladybower ride – excellent’ is closed to new replies.