Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Last nights driver antics
  • coffeeking
    Free Member

Not too bad today, these are the worst I caught on camera 🙂

Clicky

Gary_M
    Free Member

Is that Glasgow coffeeking, sure I recognise it.

ski
    Free Member

Well at least he looked as if he stopped to let you pass.

Or did he undercut you and race off?

What camera did you use to record the clip and how was it mounted coffeeking?

coffeeking
    Free Member

Gary – tis glasgow indeed. Just near Ruchill park.

ski – wasn’t so worried about the focus, it was the micra just before who stared me in the face as he pulled out. The focus was just a bonus – he did smile and wave and wait for me to pass.

It was an ATC2K mounted with the bar mount but on my fork leg. TBH even on the slightest bit of rough road the image gets serious wobbles. I’m going to foward a clip to the manufacturer and ask if its entirely normal, as it renders most footage unusable, and thats on smooth roads!

The video is deceptive actually, I was doing about 19mph at the point in question, looks like about 5mph!

owenfackrell
    Free Member

I find that with the bar mount as well but the helmet mount on the forks seems to work better.
    Bar mount here
    Cammera on forks here

coffeeking
    Free Member

Still as wobbly as a fat man on a bucking bronco isnt it though. Just not acceptable for an “action cam” really. The only time I’ve had it produce vaguely acceptable footage is when kitesurfing, very little in the way of vibration on your head in that case.

owenfackrell
    Free Member

Its does seem to suffer though it is better whenon the helmet i must admit and my new helmet that fits better stops even more of the vibrations.

cynic-al
    Free Member

You didn’t slow down for the Micra.

coffeeking
    Free Member

cynic – I did actually brake lightly (I wasnt going to slam on, it had just been torrential rain and I’m on slicks), but not very much – I was making a point that it was rather close. I was quite close to the red car just before the junction, but I am a damn sight taller than the car and wearing fluorescent and reflective jacket and rucksack – plenty visible.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Aye it’s just hard to tell how close it was from the film.

Surfr
    Free Member

I thought the sensation of speed INCREASED the closer you were to the ground. Looking at passing items I struggle to see this any faster than 10MPH! Odd

coffeeking
    Free Member

cynic-al – I was about 1-1.5m clear of his rear end after slowing slightly.

Surfr – I agree, does look remarkably slow doesn’t it. According to the GPS and computer I dropped to 14 on the hill just preceding this point, then reached 18-19 by then (I’d stood up and sprinted just before that snippet). I run a 46t front ring only and was about 3/4 down my block with lowish cadence.
    Think I’m going to have to helmet mount it instead. Problem is that’s very obvious and tends to get lots of yells from people/drivers!

coffeeking
    Free Member

Certainly wasnt the worst incident I’ve seen on the road, I was quite pleased I managed 20 miles on road with only this as the worst case, it was a good day 😀

Surfr
    Free Member

Chest mounting looks like a goer. If you can get a nice wide angle view. Someone on here had a good commute video with one recently.

coffeeking
    Free Member

Can’t even begin to imagine how you chest mount?!

owenfackrell
    Free Member

I think that it is the go pro ones that you can chest mount. I have thought about trying to come up with a way to mount mine on th eshoulder strap on my bag so that it is not on my head.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Last nights driver antics’ is closed to new replies.