• This topic has 13 replies, 11 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by iainc.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Last night I headbutted a tree.
  • wanmankylung
    Free Member

That was a daft idea.

Today my neck hurts like hell and the painkillers are just taking the edge off. My neck is making weird crunching noises too. 🙁

sobriety
    Free Member

My neck is making weird crunching noises too.

I’d say it’s about time to get thyself down to minor injuries at least.

globalti
    Free Member

While driving down there don’t shake your head as it might come off your neck. You need an X ray. Be prepared to be strapped into a brace on arrival.

wanmankylung
    Free Member

Nah – it’ll be grand. Don’t really fancy getting my spine irradiated to be honest.

franksinatra

Don’t really fancy getting my spine irradiated to be honest

Quite right, potential paralysis is a much better option than an x-ray

roverpig

Nah – it’ll be grand. Don’t really fancy getting my spine irradiated to be honest.

That’s the spirit.

scruff9252

Well its not as if your neck is important. Why not just treat it with homeopathy. a spritz made out of dandelion and water might cure it (note it won’t)

Don’t be a fud! Get it seen to at the hospital.

kcal

you need to see a physio about that 🙂

🙁 I side-swiped a tree about a year or so ago, one of those nasty broken off small branches impaled itself in my ear. I went “ow ow ow”, there was a lot of blood, but luckily ear was intact – just some hard cartilage needed cut out.. :0)

leftyboy
    Free Member

In May 2013 I was hit by a car and did a perfect headstand onto concrete. My Xray was OK so the following weekend I rode in Mid-Wales on a boys weekend away and had a couple of slowish speed crashes. Jump forward to 3 weeks ago and the MRI I had for nerve pain in my shoulder showed that I have two damaged disks in my neck and my fractured vertebra had healed nicely!

My physio has told me that neck injuries need prompt treatment as if you leave it too long you end up with the risk of fixing it being too great which is where I’m at now.

I’d get it checked and if needed treated promptly. HTH

bigyinn
    Free Member

Dont **** about, get it looked at.
    You’re no use to your lads in a wheelchair! Besides, how would you fend off the local neds sat down?

wanmankylung
    Free Member

Got it assessed by a mate, and as expected just soft tissue damage. Was back out on my bike tonight with the kids.

imnotverygood

How is the tree?

wanmankylung
    Free Member

Licking its wounds.

iainc

^^^ they’ll be full of dust anyway 😀

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Last night I headbutted a tree.’ is closed to new replies.