Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Last minute MTB Holidays for one person
  • jamesjewkes
    Free Member

I’ve got a couple of weeks (unexpected!) holiday coming up and fancied heading off for a bit of uplift assisted riding – it’s too late to assemble the usual bunch of misfits, so I’ll be going on my own. Accordingly, I’m looking for a place that provides guiding (safer riding with a few other people), uplifts (if chairlifts aren’t available), and has a good, fun atmosphere in the evenings (so I dont get bored!). Something like Jolly Good in Morzine would have been perfect, but from what I understand, Le Sherpa doesn’t take guests any more? (And I’ve heard the trails in Morzine have gone a bit ropey. Not sure whether that’s true or not! – I was last there about 10 years ago…)

Does anyone know of any good spots? Cheers!

thegman67

Hi we have space in our chalet in Morzne from the 11th July-18th acomm and transfers from Geneva airport £200 staying in Chalet Emile. We have booked two chalets so their is a real mixed bag of abilities going and this is our fourth year out here. You can check us out on Facebook under Lanarkshire Mtb riders.

oliverd1981
    Free Member

I’m arriving on Wednesday the 15 and staying in Morzine. I’ll be riding solo on the 16th and 17th (the missus is joining me on the weekend) so I’d be up for some riding and couple of beers..

Bustaspoke
    Free Member

I’d ask Trailaddiction/Whiteroom/Bike Verbier if they’ve got any spaces available.People drop out all the time.

Northwind

Yeah, that’s what I did last time, nabbed a solo space at white room. (this wasn’t my idea, but it’s a good tip- if you do something like this, it’s worth asking what the makeup of the group is. If they’ve got 11 people in a stag group, and you, you’re more likely to feel like a spare part than if there’s a bunch of little groups, or another solo, or whatever. It worked out brilliantly for me last time, there were some folks I really clicked with, a great mix of riders that I could float between so I could kind of tailor the holiday a bit more than usual where you’d normally stick with your mates.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Last minute MTB Holidays for one person’ is closed to new replies.