Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Last minute Mayhem questions HELP!
  • rockitman

Hi, just woken up and can’t believe I’ve not thought about these before:

1. Is the car park separate from the camping? If so, what do you do with your bike when not riding/sleeping – my tent isn’t huge!

2. If you’re riding solo (I am) can you use multiple bikes?

3. With 15,000(?) people expected, do many bikes go missing?

Thanks,

RM

crazy-legs

1) No, it’s all together, park up where you want, tent next to car.
    2) Yes, in fact last year soloists were given 2 number boards, one for each bike to save them from swapping them round each time. So long as the bike you’re riding has your alloctaed number on it, you can use a different one each lap!
    3) Not usually, there’s a secure area for them and it’s rare bt having said that it’s a huge event that is open to the general public.

rockitman

Thanks crazy-legs. Will be taking both bikes then and will chuck them in the car when not riding.

crazy-legs

You’re doing it solo, you’re not supposed to stop riding! 😉
    By the way, soloists have their own area, a big marquee trackside where you can leave all your stuff, you’ll be able to grab a table and lay out your food, lights, clothing etc. My bikes lived in there last year when I did it, totally secure.
    Good luck.

Dimmadan
    Free Member

I am taking a few bike locks just incase.

Drillski
    Free Member

it’ll have to happen one day, just thinkhow easy it would be for a trio of chavs to have it away with 5-6 grands worth of bling from the parc ferme in the space of 5 minutes and be away. We’ll be leaving a simple combo lock in the same place in the transition area for our team members, just in case. That way it’ll hopefully be some other poor sod’s misfortune, not ours! 🙄
    It’s perhaps a miracle that it hasn’t hapened before: Organised thieves actively target other types of large gatherings like this.
    Or perhpas Pat’s security is better than we realise! 😀

Harry_the_Spider

rockitman, are you George from HtN?

If so, good luck matey!

If not, good luck anyway.

rockitman

Aye Andrew, tis me, George from HtN. Actually wearing one of your t-shirts this morning and very much looking forward to the next HtN – great fun!

I know I’m supposed to ride the whole thing but:

1. I haven’t trained anywhere near enough – it’s not a great time to be a Sales & Marketing Director!

2. I have a big awards ceremony wer’re producing with the BBC at The Brewery in London on Monday night. I go straight from Mayhem to a hotel in London and then have a 7am load in on Monday morning followed by a 20 hour day…

That’s my excuse anyway 🙂

Really looking forward to having a go and seeing how much I can do!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Last minute Mayhem questions HELP!’ is closed to new replies.